Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US postage forwarding

Happy to take one in the arm for the team

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I would recommend Shopmate as an absolute last resort
    All they did was measure the parcel (cubic volume/not repacked) which arrived at the shipping center, slapped an AustPost label on it, then sent me an invoice
    You're much better of using some of the others mentioned above.
    Sounds like they are a budget service at a premium price, was actually going to do a test run with them to see if they'd be any cheaper but by the sounds of it they wouldn't, nor do they offer parcel consolidation or package minimizing so yeah it seems like they would be the last option

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    There is an Australia Post service called ShopMate, but it's something like a $25 flat fee then add on whatever they charge per 500gm or something. It might not even save much money depending on what you are getting. I haven't used any so far.
    I used ShopMate back around Christmas 2014 with a 25% off coupon to ship over a FunPub order of a 2 x Chromdomes and 1 x Rewind. The shipping carton tightly enclosed three of those smaller, FunPub FSS deluxe shipping cartons.

The cost was A$54.71 - 25% ($13.68) = $41.03.

It was BARELY cheaper than the horrific direct prices from FunPub. I've never used them again, and if I did, there's no way I'd do it without at least a similar coupon.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    I have been using myus.com for a few years and have been very happy with them. Free premium annual membership for AMEX cardholders. They charge based on weight, not volumetric weight, so large things that don't weigh a lot ship very reasonably.
    Going to give theses guys a go for my upcoming amazon.com pre-orders

Shopmate get way to many neg reviews.

https://www.productreview.com.au/p/a...-shopmate.html

I have used them once and like jaydisc said if it wasn't for the promotional discount I probably would of given them a miss. Basically I paid to ship a lot of air when I used them last year.

I was going to try Shipito, but the only reviews I've found are angry customers accusing them of stealing packages.

I'm just going to use Shopmate again. At least I have experience with them and know that while they may overcharge at least being Australia Post they fall under the jurisdiction of Australian consumer protection.

Think I may have to try myus. Found some tiny dragon ball figure sets for $10 on amazon that I then found on amazon.au for $65....

Trying to get one big order together. Stupid amazon rotting us.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Remember, Amazon is a marketplace, like eBay. I would guess that the $65 you're seeing is not something sold directly by Amazon.