Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: BigBadToyStore (BBTS) (America) feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    The timer would start when something actually goes into your POL. It'd be silly to start the timer if there was nothing in the pile, especially if the pre-order is for something that won't be in stock for 5 months.

As the for extension, I swear I remember someone saying that they were about to hit the end of the 180 day limit on their POL and were just waiting on 1 wave of figures, the wave should have been there before the 180th day but due to a delay they weren't going to be. I'm pretty sure they emailed them and asked for an extension because had the figures come in as expected they would have already shipped the POL.

I don't know if they got the extension or not though, but it would be worth a shot.
    I'll shoot them an email. Hopefully there aren't too many orders of Swerve/Cosmos and Brainstorm to fill. I'm a bit worried about Arcee, as I only got the single figure.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Getting pretty worried and pissed at BBTS (though it's not really their fault). My POL has to ship on November 18th at the latest because they apparently go over the 180 day limit, while I still need to get in the following items, all set to come in this month.

-Generations Deluxe Arcee (This will probably just make it, it's been out for a while now)
    - Generations Legends Cosmos/Swerve- Why the hell is this taking so long? They've been going to the next month since May.
    - Generations Voyager Brainstorm (I expected this, he's estimated for release in Asia this month
    - Generations Deluxe Rattrap- Set to come in 4th quarter, but I don't know why this is taking so long either. He's been going up by months since his release.

BBTS are putting me in a tight spot here. If I ship what I have, then I'll only have a small POL of the listed above toys and I probably can't afford to ship them like that, unless I add more stuff from 2015. Haven't other people had their POL time stretched REALLY far for more than a year?

If these items don't come in by the time the POL ships, I'm strongly considering moving to a different store, as I'm already considering getting the first 2015 waves from RK to save.

Here's the email I received:
    "Hello Ryan,
    Thank you for your email, unfortunately we are unable to hold Loot orders beyond 180 days. I do know that some of these figures are currently inbound and should be here before that time but in case all things are not here before then you are able to start a new Loot should everything not arrive in a timely manner. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.
    Have a great day!"

They seem pretty confident that they'll get them in before the POL ships, so I hope they keep their word.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Getting pretty worried and pissed at BBTS (though it's not really their fault). My POL has to ship on November 18th at the latest because they apparently go over the 180 day limit, while I still need to get in the following items, all set to come in this month.

-Generations Deluxe Arcee (This will probably just make it, it's been out for a while now)
    - Generations Legends Cosmos/Swerve- Why the hell is this taking so long? They've been going to the next month since May.
    - Generations Voyager Brainstorm (I expected this, he's estimated for release in Asia this month
    - Generations Deluxe Rattrap- Set to come in 4th quarter, but I don't know why this is taking so long either. He's been going up by months since his release.

BBTS are putting me in a tight spot here. If I ship what I have, then I'll only have a small POL of the listed above toys and I probably can't afford to ship them like that, unless I add more stuff from 2015. Haven't other people had their POL time stretched REALLY far for more than a year?

If these items don't come in by the time the POL ships, I'm strongly considering moving to a different store, as I'm already considering getting the first 2015 waves from RK to save.

Here's the email I received:
    "Hello Ryan,
    Thank you for your email, unfortunately we are unable to hold Loot orders beyond 180 days. I do know that some of these figures are currently inbound and should be here before that time but in case all things are not here before then you are able to start a new Loot should everything not arrive in a timely manner. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.
    Have a great day!"

They seem pretty confident that they'll get them in before the POL ships, so I hope they keep their word.
    I never understand people complaining about BBTS POL service. They hold potentially a giant box of your shit for half a year, and people want it held longer. BBTS aren't responsible if Hasbro short ship them, or if something isn't released on time.

This is coming from someone who has a POL on the go almost all the time (yeah, I didn't enjoy the POL charge for a Funko ReAction figure, but what can you do? It was the first item to come off pre-order).

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    I never understand people complaining about BBTS POL service. They hold potentially a giant box of your shit for half a year, and people want it held longer. BBTS aren't responsible if Hasbro short ship them, or if something isn't released on time.

This is coming from someone who has a POL on the go almost all the time (yeah, I didn't enjoy the POL charge for a Funko ReAction figure, but what can you do? It was the first item to come off pre-order).
    The holding is fantastic, which is why I'm still with them. I (I don't know about anyone else) plan what I'm going to get within a certain POL to have a decent shipping amount for items. Inaccurate (though not at the fault of BBTS) preorder dates have mucked up the schedule. Products usually get in months after the scheduled date. I don't plan on making another POL earlier next year, unless the savings compared to RK for shipping are that much cheaper.

I would rather that BBTS underestimate their preorder dates to earlier, so people aren't left in the dust if an item comes later than anticipated. The service is great. It's not perfect. Though it may not be Big Bad Toy Store's fault for delays in products, they can try to combat it by providing more realistic expectations.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

My Lost Age Soundwave was supposed to show up in August. My pre-order for him still says 'October' even though it's November

Not a single one of my 5 Oct pre-orders showed up. And my The Tick & Power Girl mags are nearly a YEAR behind now

I really like BBTS, but I wish they were as accurate with the arrival estimates as HLJ

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I really like BBTS, but I wish they were as accurate with the arrival estimates as HLJ
    I think you'll find that comes down to Japanese businesses vs US businesses (meaning suppliers, not retailers).

It's great when they have actual release dates like the Takara MP figures!

After contacting BBTS about whether I should release my POL (as I was unsure on whether Arcee and/or Brainstorm would come in before automatic shipping date), I got a reply saying that they are able to extend it until the 1st of December.

That's excellent customer service and hopefully the items will come in before this time.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    After contacting BBTS about whether I should release my POL (as I was unsure on whether Arcee and/or Brainstorm would come in before automatic shipping date), I got a reply saying that they are able to extend it until the 1st of December.

That's excellent customer service and hopefully the items will come in before this time.
    That's a great outcome. Hopefully that also means they are expecting those items to drop before December - my POL is waiting for those to arrive before I ship, even though I've got a few more months up my sleeve before my shipping deadline.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

So the Windblade I got from BBTS came with 2 right hand shoulder pads. Since the shoulder pads are side specific, it hindered movement.

Emailed BBTS, they are sending out a left hand shoulder pad. Gotta love good customer service.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Anyone else in the situation where MP22 Magnus is still sitting in their preorder list despite it being available for sale on the front page ?

Cancel that, just impatient ! Dropped into POL now

M
    Last edited by serialmonkey; 31st December 2014 at 09:41 AM.