Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transformer Prime mainline toys released in Australia

I'm worried scalpers would have gotten to the RiD deluxes already.

poor shortpacked Soundy im glad I ordered you online

Thumbs down Enough of buying at high prices....

Please please please please stop buying at such a high price. it wont help you long term.

The dollar is 1.07 today and that means the true price (if compared to US) is $23.50 AUD. (thats retail price from TRU in US).
    Paying $50 for a toy that should be half is a crime, but buying that toy is helping fuel that economy and practice.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...18&mode=retail thats for 2. Even with shipping of $31.24 its still much less than buying at retail.
    If you are happy to wait and get all the deluxes at once

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...29&mode=retail ($89.99)
    Shipping $42.74 = $132.73
    or you can buy at Australian retail at $29.99 RRP and it costs = $179.94 (even if $24.99 = $149.94)

I am just trying to save you all money. You'll have more money for more toys if you buy online.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I just had a look, and the pair (Op & Meg) shipped from BBTS comes to US$78 (about AU$74 right now)... and would arrive before most of us end up seeing them in a store near us.
    Does Hasbro really think that their sales won't suffer if you can save 25% by importing the exact same product?
    Stores here rarely discount that much, to make it worth waiting for a sale either.
    Griff - see my above rant.

Couldn't agree more. The price Australians are charged is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMagnus View Post
    The price Australians are charged is terrible.
    I couldn't agree with you more dude, the prices you've highlighted only reinforce that fact too.
    I just wish that the online stores would sell figures individually like HLJ.

Updating first post. Deluxes now also on sale at standard TRU Deluxe price.

This:

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    Prices in this country will never go down if people keep buying toys at such ridiculous prices.
    Stop. Buying. Toys (locally).
    + this:

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It's not like it was unexpected that Prime toy prices would equal DOTM toy prices? I agree it doesn't need to be, and is cheaper to buy online, but it's not a surprise or anything new.
    = this.

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

maybe this price issue should to taken to one of those shows like today tonight (etc). Imagine what would happen to christmas and standard profits it people knew what price these toys should be!

I've definitely moved to buying online now too, there are so many benefits, for example:

1. Save on fuel costs in driving around to various stores/shopping centres
    2. It's much cheaper to buy online
    3. I can obtain the figures I want several months before they appear here in Oz.
    4. I don't have to worry about whether or not the figures will appear here.

I used to enjoy the thrill of the hunt during the Bayformers and Generations releases but lately it seems that many have not made it here.

So not only is Hasbro Australia missing out, but so are all the stores they are selling to. Well done Hasbro for shooting yourself in the foot. But seriously I must thank you for forcing me to discover a better way to obtain your products at a cheaper price.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ...given Hasbro AU's sometimes haphazard distribution patterns.
    Why is it Hasbro's fault when different store chains have different rates of distribution through their supply-chain networks, or different purchase periods to obtain new stock to begin with?
    It's not like all 7 store chains (TRU, Myer, DJs, Kmart, BigW, Toyworld, Target) were ordering at the same time to have it in their stores at the same time... Hasbro doesn't ship to individual stores - they ship to a number of warehouses that then re-distributes to their stores. TRU may be an exception to that, with the amount of stock they get in from each toy company, but are you actually saying that if the entire chain of TRU was expecting stock, that Hasbro would be intentionally sending it to a handful of stores first and then make all the rest wait? Once the stock arrives at the Hasbro warehouse, it gets sent out to all the customers who have pre-ordered it, as soon as they can, or with their next delivery. If a store-chain wasn't yet interested, or didn't want the stock until later for a promotion or catalogue sale, it's not Hasbro's fault.
    And if they did send stock out to a retailer's warehouse straight away, the retailer could well send it out to the stores straight away or months later... and if it isn't a big launching product that needs to be rushed to every store, the warehouse may just send it to stores on their next delivery that has space.
    Working in a retail warehouse, we don't send everything we receive straight away to the stores. Some stuff can be for a promotion and sit collecting dust for months. Other stuff is only sent out to stores if that store's manager wants it (smaller stores don't stock everything). The supplier has no say in where their product goes once we get it in the warehouse.
    And the same would go for Hasbro and their product. If the toys end up in stores eventually, Hasbro did their job.

I don't mind Hasbro-bashing for things they are responsible for, like the price-gouging here, or lack of consumer promotions, but blaming them for something that is out of their hands once they ship toys to retailers' warehouses... is a bit much. (and will just have them ignoring legitimate complaints if they think we impulsively blame them for everything)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Why is it Hasbro's fault when different store chains have different rates of distribution through their supply-chain networks, or different purchase periods to obtain new stock to begin with?
    It's not like all 7 store chains (TRU, Myer, DJs, Kmart, BigW, Toyworld, Target) were ordering at the same time to have it in their stores at the same time... Hasbro doesn't ship to individual stores - they ship to a number of warehouses that then re-distributes to their stores. TRU may be an exception to that, with the amount of stock they get in from each toy company, but are you actually saying that if the entire chain of TRU was expecting stock, that Hasbro would be intentionally sending it to a handful of stores first and then make all the rest wait? Once the stock arrives at the Hasbro warehouse, it gets sent out to all the customers who have pre-ordered it, as soon as they can, or with their next delivery. If a store-chain wasn't yet interested, or didn't want the stock until later for a promotion or catalogue sale, it's not Hasbro's fault.
    And if they did send stock out to a retailer's warehouse straight away, the retailer could well send it out to the stores straight away or months later... and if it isn't a big launching product that needs to be rushed to every store, the warehouse may just send it to stores on their next delivery that has space.
    Working in a retail warehouse, we don't send everything we receive straight away to the stores. Some stuff can be for a promotion and sit collecting dust for months. Other stuff is only sent out to stores if that store's manager wants it (smaller stores don't stock everything). The supplier has no say in where their product goes once we get it in the warehouse.
    And the same would go for Hasbro and their product. If the toys end up in stores eventually, Hasbro did their job.

I don't mind Hasbro-bashing for things they are responsible for, like the price-gouging here, or lack of consumer promotions, but blaming them for something that is out of their hands once they ship toys to retailers' warehouses... is a bit much. (and will just have them ignoring legitimate complaints if they think we impulsively blame them for everything)
    I work in retail too and you are bang on right. We're in a new year and big stores usually hold off until new season launch and that varies from company to company. Department stores will focus on fashion, homewares, whitegoods and electrical before toys.