Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: TFC Toys Next Project: Superion!

Indeed, if those mock-ups are even remotely close to the end result that would be 1. Amazing! , and 2. A damn recipe for success - They'd sell like hotcakes IMO but I'm still curious to see if they'll stick to their Hercules-established scale or if they'll downsize it for development cost reasons?...

ispayks is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

They are pretty expensive when you compare to the FP Stunticons which are set to go for around $50.

I hope they don't end up as blocky and awkward looking like Hercules.

While I really want these guys, I will wait until the 2nd run/gisftset comes out. It seems that the people that preorder these are the test mules to work out any QC issues, which then get fixed for the 2nd run. Seems like the TFC business model.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    They are pretty expensive when you compare to the FP Stunticons which are set to go for around $50.

From what we've seem so far they look pretty good in Gestalt mode. However it will all hinge on how they make Silverbolt work.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Agreed, they're asking for FP Steel Core prices at this range.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    From what we've seem so far they look pretty good in Gestalt mode. However it will all hinge on how they make Silverbolt work.
    I would like to see a height comparison for these two with normal deluxes. If the limb components are deluxe or larger, then Silverbolt would likely be the size of Universe Silverbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Agreed, they're asking for FP Steel Core prices at this range.

I would like to see a height comparison for these two with normal deluxes. If the limb components are deluxe or larger, then Silverbolt would likely be the size of Universe Silverbolt.
    Which realistically is what they have to do to get the torso large enough. Remember that Herc and Giant torso is made up of 2 cons. Silverbolt has to be big enough to do it all on his own.

All in good time.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I don't think it'll be blocky like Herc. Hard to do with pointy jets

The $80 pricetag ain't gona budge I reckon. At that rate, going to have to give this fella a miss. Prob end up costing some $450-$500 for this set.

Hmmm, how much were the Hercules Constrcuticons again? Seems like they are a little cheaper, still big ask if they are smaller than deluxe.

Oddly enough I'm still quite a bit tempted. I'm a sucker for jet robots, but I want to see a few more pics, and some coloured prototypes please TFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Hmmm, how much were the Hercules Constrcuticons again? Seems like they are a little cheaper, still big ask if they are smaller than deluxe.

Oddly enough I'm still quite a bit tempted. I'm a sucker for jet robots, but I want to see a few more pics, and some coloured prototypes please TFC.
    Hercules is still around $500-550 for the set. The individual bots are still $80 on RK and $90ish on eBay.

My value perception will depend on how these figs feel in-hand. People that attended TFCON have mentioned that FP Assaulter feels quite heavy. As Steel Core was asking for $70, then Assaulter may be between $70-100 considering his size. If TFC is asking for roughly the same for Silverbolt, then they should be delivering similar quality standards.

I think these may look better than my current Superion with the add-on kit from Fansproject, but I will give these a pass.

Need to save money for Menasor!