Thread: FOC Demo and MP game mode hints

Default Possible FOC Demo and MP game mode hints

Was just reading through this post on the PS Blog, it would seem that PS users might be due for a demo before release.

And Griffin will be pleased about this,

Escalation is confirmed!

Actually, I am pretty happy about that too. Might have to boot up WFC and get practising again!

I agree the return of escalation is great news. However I don't like the way they said that you have to share ammo and whatnot. The amount of times in WFC I was carrying a team was unbelievable. When one or two players are carrying the game, you chew through ALOT of ammo. So the fact they are limiting how much ammo I can personally buy for myself each wave is a bad idea.

And does that mean that if there are only 3 players instead of 4, you get less ammo per wave for the same amount of bad guys?

As they said in the escalation demo video, they are forcing teamwork. So what happens when your team is poo?

And another point on teamwork, some of the best escalation games I played we're 4 decent players playing as individuals, NOT as a team. As in we each picked a certain area of the map and the only time we saw each other was if they were down for the count and someone else was close enough (and able) to help them.

Anyway, enough with the negativity. This is shaping up to be an awesome game. So much so that I may just preorder it!

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post

And does that mean that if there are only 3 players instead of 4, you get less ammo per wave for the same amount of bad guys?
    Just watching this video of some gameplay now and it says there is 4 players per level. If there was a limit of three, I sure the enemy numbers would be reduced to reflect this change. Afterall a game that is impossibly hard isn't really fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    As they said in the escalation demo video, they are forcing teamwork. So what happens when your team is poo?

And another point on teamwork, some of the best escalation games I played we're 4 decent players playing as individuals, NOT as a team. As in we each picked a certain area of the map and the only time we saw each other was if they were down for the count and someone else was close enough (and able) to help them.
    If your team is poo, then I suggest finding another team Or just practising with the team if they are friends until you are less poo.

I think team work should be the focus, that's the whole point of Escalation. Otherwise you might as well drop the difficulty level and play by yourself.

Teamwork games are ace. It is really cool when you play with a pal and you both automatically start doing your thing. Reminds me of the good old days in the arcades and much money spent on Sunset riders, final fight, Ninja Turtles etc. A mate and I used to play games together so much, we'd just start a game and knew exactly what the other had in mind. It was awesome and worked well.

Better re-hook my mike up now though!!

I don't see why they need to change the formula for Escalation... more maps & characters made it more interesting, and we only had 6 maps in WFC.

The reasons I liked Escalation - it was unpredictable (playing the game itself gets predictable after the first play), and it was only against the computer (no grudges, or feeling like you're being targeted by a person or a "clan").

(and it's good that they finally officially announced it, as they told me privately at BotCon to expect it)

Some of the Escalation details from IGN:

- Defend your team of four Autobots/ Decepticons against 15 ways of enemies
    - You need to collect lots and lots of Energon so that you can buy bigger and better weapons to earn more Energon
    - "Loot tube" a case containing weapons
    - Upgrade station to improve weaponry
    - Upgrades effect your entire team
    - Traps, lethal to the enemy and yourself
    - Ability to call in gunships