Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-11ND Masterpiece Dirge

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I heard the problem with Sunstreaker was getting a license for the body kit. That wouldn't be owned by Lamborghini.

TFW2005, and TFwiki member Nevermore asked Porsche directly why they don't want to license to transforming toys, the answer was that basically thwy saw it as below their standards.

Mold reuse is an imortant factor, but we are yet to see Jaguar, Ratbat, Lasetwave or Star Saber repaints.
    Porsche standards huh *cough* cookie stamps *cough*

http://shop2.porsche.com/australia/specials/rs/

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post

Merchandising... where the real money from the automotive trade is made! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post

Look at the prices on those items. Porsche is notorious for demanding top dollar. I'm saying that I bet the expense is why we still don't have Jazz.

EA had a rather expensive and "exclusive" license to the Porsche brand that they have now decided to drop, but you don't see a bunch of games now included licensed Porsches in their racing games. Only company over the years that has agreed to EA and Porsches terms to included Porsches in their games is Microsoft with the Forza series and they have to charge $20 to $30 for a Porsche Expansion for each game that includes Porsche cars because the license is so expensive.

The auto industry is also very hung up on details. For instance there were many years where if the car was damaged (ie: collision damage in games or battle damage on a toy) you would be refused a license. Also I'm not sure why but I know Chevy now gets upset if licensees put an SS sticker on the bodywork of the car like the Camaro that had an SS version, even tho it is historically accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Look at the prices on those items. Porsche is notorious for demanding top dollar. I'm saying that I bet the expense is why we still don't have Jazz.

EA had a rather expensive and "exclusive" license to the Porsche brand that they have now decided to drop, but you don't see a bunch of games now included licensed Porsches in their racing games. Only company over the years that has agreed to EA and Porsches terms to included Porsches in their games is Microsoft with the Forza series and they have to charge $20 to $30 for a Porsche Expansion for each game that includes Porsche cars because the license is so expensive.

The auto industry is also very hung up on details. For instance there were many years where if the car was damaged (ie: collision damage in games or battle damage on a toy) you would be refused a license. Also I'm not sure why but I know Chevy now gets upset if licensees put an SS sticker on the bodywork of the car like the Camaro that had an SS version, even tho it is historically accurate.
    Hmmm... Jazz - the MP TF that only cork sniffers can afford!

But Porsche allowed MP Bumblebee and that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    But Porsche allowed MP Bumblebee and that didn't cost an arm and a leg.
    No they didn't. VW issued the license for Bumblebee. VW owns Porsche. Not the other way around.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

VW probably needed a boost in the coffers in anticipation of the emissions scandal

Megatran Guest

Poor Dirge. Finally gets allocated a Masterpiece figure and a dedicated thread here yet has to stomach discussion on potential licensing problems of unconfirmed G1 Masterpiece figures. Poor Dirge.

"Death comes to he who crosses me."
    Last edited by Megatran; 18th March 2017 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Poor Dirge. Finally gets allocated a Masterpiece figure and a dedicated thread here yet has to stomach discussion on potential licensing problems of unconfirmed G1 Masterpiece figures. Poor Dirge.

"Death comes to he who crosses me."
    Well... I was going to move those recent posts, but now if I do, your post won't make any sense...

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I'm so looking forward to this figure - think it will be my fav MP of the year!

Actually come to think of it, have there been any other G1 MP figures announced for 2017? I haven't seen any announcements. I'm quite surprised they haven't done Jazz yet
    The only masterpiece figures I know so far were Grapple, Cheetor, Megatron 2.0, Artfire, that Optimus Primal repaint and this one. Not really too much now, but I reckon they might announce some in the coming months. I, too, am also surpirsed that there is no official MP Jazz yet. Although, now that you've mentioned it, it may not be that far off.

"Autobots, roll out!"
    "We rollin'"