Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Swindle's Saleyard > Ebay listings & Dealer Ads > Business & Retailer Feedback

Sightings/Sales

Old 20th December 2017, 01:31 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Based on y'all's experience, would not getting a reply to emails about preorders not yet due satisfy the requirement of "becoming aware" the products will not be delivered?
Old 20th December 2017, 01:59 PM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza_22 View Post
The outstanding orders I have are for Movie The Best Evasion Optimus Prime, Kotobukiya Artfx Super Deadpool statue and MP Sunstreaker (I realise this one isn't out yet but I've lost all confidence).
Sorry, not familiar with the dates of those. Have you tried to see what their due dates are at web.archive.org?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
Has anyone been successful with a chargeback on an item that hasn't passed eta?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danguard Ace View Post
Based on y'all's experience, would not getting a reply to emails about preorders not yet due satisfy the requirement of "becoming aware" the products will not be delivered?
After I had completed all my past due chargebacks, I still had three not-yet-due products. I asked ANZ if there was anything I can do. They said, request a cancellation. If they do not respond for 15 days, that's also grounds for dispute. I did this, and got those last three disputes completed.
Old 20th December 2017, 02:06 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
After I had completed all my past due chargebacks, I still had three not-yet-due products. I asked ANZ if there was anything I can do. They said, request a cancellation. If they do not respond for 15 days, that's also grounds for dispute. I did this, and got those last three disputes completed.
Great, thanks for the tip!!
Old 20th December 2017, 08:33 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Update: For those interested in trying to retrieve their money via police channels, ACORN now seems to be investigating claims that PC wont refund and putting some pressure on Mr Dwyer to fulfill his legal obligations re: refunds.
No promises but if you are unable to get your money back using the normal methods mentioned here it might be worthwhile contacting them.
They might not consider him a fraudulent merchant or be charging him (yet) but if nothing else this approach may get some more people their money back.
Old 21st December 2017, 12:00 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

So called up St George to chase up what I lodged on 18/11, says they can't find anything so have to go back into bank to sort it out yet again. Appears they didn't lodge it properly. If I don't get my money back I'm gonna be super pissed
Old 21st December 2017, 05:41 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
So called up St George to chase up what I lodged on 18/11, says they can't find anything so have to go back into bank to sort it out yet again. Appears they didn't lodge it properly. If I don't get my money back I'm gonna be super pissed
Same boat with Suncorp. They said they needed more info but didn't even contact me. The support email doesn't reply and just receives the information I provide.

But no one bothered to call me. They said they started the process but I don't know how long I still have to wait for the chargeback to be successful.
Old 21st December 2017, 06:19 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

At what point will this fraudster lose his ability to continue trading? We have to be in the hundreds if not thousands of consumers resorting to chargebacks to receive funds paid in full for items that cannot be fulfilled, a clear breach of Australian trade laws.

It seems the big banks are well aware now about how dodgy this site is during the chargeback process, I can only imagine how Zippay feel about having to chase up all that money they've offered to their users in good will.

Is this bizarro world? If it were a Hollywood movie I wouldn't be surprised if he was paying the banks, the ACCC, the police and any other concerned parties off to continue this little charade.

Is there that little justice these days? Can't help but feel for any unsuspecting people at this stage still waiting on Christmas presents, all the while this prick banks on the fact that he'll be able to keep whatever amount of money that the banks will deem out of dispute timeframe windows.

It sure as shit has turned me off Transformers and collecting for good.
Old 21st December 2017, 09:34 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
Same boat with Suncorp. They said they needed more info but didn't even contact me. The support email doesn't reply and just receives the information I provide.

But no one bothered to call me. They said they started the process but I don't know how long I still have to wait for the chargeback to be successful.
Do not wait for contact from your banks, do all your follow ups weekly and keep at it, I had this same problem initially with WestPac, its all on you to do the communicating with the banks. Charge backs seems to have the least importance and thus, the least resources allocated to them to help us.
Old 22nd December 2017, 08:56 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRON View Post
Do not wait for contact from your banks, do all your follow ups weekly and keep at it, I had this same problem initially with WestPac, its all on you to do the communicating with the banks. Charge backs seems to have the least importance and thus, the least resources allocated to them to help us.
I thought it was similar to some comments I found here. I was waiting for the 45 days(?) period for PC to dispute the chargeback to pass.
Old 22nd December 2017, 09:11 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
I thought it was similar to some comments I found here. I was waiting for the 45 days(?) period for PC to dispute the chargeback to pass.
Follow it up anyway. Like mine, was 30 days ago I submitted it at my bank and they haven't done anything with it apparently. Today I'm going back in to do something about it