Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Swindle's Saleyard > Ebay listings & Dealer Ads > Business & Retailer Feedback

Sightings/Sales

Old 7th January 2018, 08:43 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
Thanks for info! I just couldn’t be bothered looking back through all the pages trying to find what I need. One more thing I received an email on the 3rd from pc saying they have approved the cancellation of all my outstanding orders and will not contest any chargebacks. Will this make my chargeback cases easier for the banks too approve?
Also, if you get rejected, challenge it (referring to their product conditions), as quite a few people have had initial rejections from staff who either don't know the conditions or have a policy of rejecting initial applications to weed out people who give up easily... but then when they disputed it, it was usually resolved in their favour.

And for those who have successfully got their money back, or were unable to get their money back, follow the links in the first posting of this topic to report this business to the ACCC and to your state's Consumer Protection agency. They won't be able to help you directly if still have money owing, but enough complaints should have them look at getting this business de-registered.
For those unable to do a charge-back, or paid by direct deposit, there is also links to Small Claims Courts in each state (including Victoria if you need to file in the state that the business is registered in).
Old 7th January 2018, 10:04 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Thanks for info! I just couldn’t be bothered looking back through all the pages trying to find what I need. One more thing I received an email on the 3rd from pc saying they have approved the cancellation of all my outstanding orders and will not contest any chargebacks. Will this make my chargeback cases easier for the banks too approve?
It can as it is an admission that he wont be sending your items, so you wont need to send a refund demand for anything addressed in that email, but the main things of importance are the 120/540 day time frames.
Once you've contacted the bank you'll need patience and due diligence, if you dont hear anything from the bank for a week or two and you've been checking for mail feel free to give them a call and ask if there is any progress.
I know from my experience that while they emailed me quickly enough, after I gave them all my info there was radio silence for nearly a month. In my case it worked out as I gave them a call and the reason they hadnt contacted me is because they had found in my favour and were about to refund me, but others havent been as lucky so keep the communication lines between you and the bank open just in case.
Old 8th January 2018, 07:17 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
That's a first Never had an update regarding my outstanding orders.
Old 8th January 2018, 12:52 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

F***

So St George says they won't cover it because it's outside of the 120 days.

So what do I do now?
Old 8th January 2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
That's a first Never had an update regarding my outstanding orders.
Sorry I should of mentioned it was a reply to a few choice words in an email I sent them.
Old 8th January 2018, 02:54 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
F***

So what do I do now?
Complain louder! Westpac did the same to me on my initial call but I kept bugging them. If it's a pre-order then it's 120 days from the expected delivery date. I had a pre-order due in March and they initially rejected it. The website just says March so I argued they must have meant March 18. I have been refunded the money.

Also threaten to take your business elsewhere to a bank who looks after their customers if they still don't play ball.

The squeaky wheel gets the oil!
Old 8th January 2018, 03:02 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Quote:
F***

So what do I do now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
Also, if you get rejected, challenge it (referring to their product conditions), as quite a few people have had initial rejections from staff who either don't know the conditions or have a policy of rejecting initial applications to weed out people who give up easily... but then when they disputed it, it was usually resolved in their favour.
Also... most products get their release dates updated when they miss their original release date, so see if the product page is still there and if it has a more recent month listed (within your 120 days), and find your credit card conditions to quote to your bank that the window of chargeback (120 days) should be from the product release date, not the payment/pre-order date. (but find that condition first, to make sure the wording actually says that)
Old 9th January 2018, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
(but find that condition first, to make sure the wording actually says that)
I'll post all three major cards delayed delivery terms here if anyone wants to link to them in future.

Mastercard: https://www.mastercard.com/ca/wce/PD...ack_manual.pdf
The reason code is 4855 for Goods or Services Not Provided, see "1.7.3 Time Frame for First Chargeback"
Quote:
When delayed delivery of goods or performance of services by a card acceptor results in a subsequent dispute about the condition of the goods or the quality of the services, MasterCard will calculate the period of 120 days using the delivery or performance date.

In cases that involve the delayed delivery of goods or performance of services that the cardholder asserts the card acceptor never provided, MasterCard will calculate the period of 120 days from the latest anticipated date that the card acceptor was to provide the goods or services.

In cases that involve interrupted services where the services are immediately available, the period of 120 days will begin on the date that the services cease. In no case shall the first chargeback exceed 540 days (approximately 18 months) from the Central Site Business Date of the first presentment.
Visa: https://usa.visa.com/dam/VCOM/downlo...les-public.pdf
The reason code is 30 for Services Not Provided or Merchandise Not Received, see "11.1.10.4 Chargeback Time Limit – Reason Code 30"
Quote:
A Chargeback must be processed no later than either:
- 120 calendar days from the Transaction Processing Date
- If the merchandise or services were to be provided after the Transaction Processing Date, 120 calendar days from the last date that the Cardholder expected to receive the merchandise or services or the date that the Cardholder was first made aware that the merchandise or services would not be provided, not to exceed 540 calendar days from the Transaction Processing Date
American Express: https://www.americanexpress.com/cont...kcodeguide.pdf
The reason code is 4554 for Goods And Services Not Received, see "REASON CODE 4554 Goods And Services Not Received"
Quote:
Maximum time a dispute can be raised
One hundred and twenty (120) days from the date American Express Network processed the Transaction, or
One hundred and twenty (120) days from (whichever occurred first):
– the date the Card Member expected to receive goods and/or services, or
– the date the Card Member became aware that the expected goods and/or services would not be provided (not exceeding five hundred and forty (540) days from the date American Express Network processed the Transaction).
What I've noticed is that a lot of bank employees get as far as the first part of the time limit modifiers and ignore everything else because "words", which is why so many focus on the "it's more then 120 days after you paid, we cant help".
So just show them the rest which says "OR IF IT'S A DELAYED DELIVERY ITEM USE THIS BIT".

If you know that your item is within the disputable time frames and your bank wont help even after trying to escalate the matter with their complaints department contact the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) at https://www.fos.org.au/ as their job is to help bank customers who are having issues such as the bank not putting through chargeback disputes properly.
Just be aware that if you dont have an ETA that is within the last 120 days (NOTE: updated ETAs that differ from the original are valid so long as they are either on the merchants website, social media, or in a personal communication to you from the merchants email account) and/or your original payment date is older then 540 days no one from the bank, credit provider, or FOS is obligated to help you.
Old 9th January 2018, 03:49 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Am lucky, my bank has ruled in my favor and refunded all PC transactions just before Christmas Am happy and done with PC.
Old 9th January 2018, 08:08 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
F***

So what do I do now?
I Have not been following this thread, but I assume you are trying to get a charge back from your card? From personal experience if you explain to them that your dispute is for goods or services not fulfilled from an internet pre-order they should help you and raise the chargeback.

Quote:
So called up St George to chase up what I lodged on 18/11, says they can't find anything so have to go back into bank to sort it out yet again. Appears they didn't lodge it properly. If I don't get my money back I'm gonna be super pissed
Yes, I know all about this one. For some reason there is an issue between Card Services that lodge the claim and Card Disputes that process it. I had to call them up and tell them what happened and bug them about it, and event sent a paper dispute from via email until it finally got to the point for me to send my evidence to them.

It's a pain, but once you get to the stage when they ask for information you should be fine.

I've almost reclaimed everything, just waiting on them to process my dispute for Trypticon.