Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Movie Optimus MPM-4

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    ^looks like Takara will just use the same box for these based on the info on TTmall's listing for MPM03 Bumblebee (W230×H153×D64mm). They will just probably slap some stickers with Japanese texts. Just not sure why Takara has not announced/listed Optimus yet
    Got a feeling optimus was rushed released, you know like when we get games released too early so retailers have to start pumping them out while whoever did it gets in trouble?

Perhaps prime for japan was intended for december or something, otherwise he would of taken black convoy's place

http://www.anime-export.com/product/36832

same same but different ?

Quote Originally Posted by nsm034 View Post
    It'll feature the same differences much like mpm03, box text, warning information, manual going from cheap paper to glossy paper, slightly less trademark and warning info than hasbro version

TakaraTOMY Mall now have their listing of MPM-4 up, which includes stock photos.

The Takara version looks to have some extra paint over the Hasbro version, as well as light blue pinstriping on the flames instead of the Hasbro version's silver. The grey plastic looks lighter, too.

Interestingly, their stock photos still have the exposed grey hinges below the windscreens on the chest, where those hinges were concealed on the final Hasbro version. I've read some speculation online that modifications to conceal the hinges just before the figure went into production may have been responsible for the misalignment issues that plague many examples of the Hasbro version.

Craaaaap.

HLJ, amiami and hobbysearch are on order stop, can I trust Anime exporter or is it just a japanese version of they who must never be mentioned?

Unless anyone else has suggestions...don't want to fall back on using a proxy service, NEED mpm04 to match my takara mpm03

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    Craaaaap.

HLJ, amiami and hobbysearch are on order stop, can I trust Anime exporter or is it just a japanese version of they who must never be mentioned?

Unless anyone else has suggestions...don't want to fall back on using a proxy service, NEED mpm04 to match my takara mpm03
    When you buy AE just buy it and dont change your mind. If you cool with that, no issues. Once you start altering the order or change your mind is where hell breaks loose.

IMO get it and juts stick with it.

I'm not sure about this figure tbh....

I've recently become a fan of the movie figures but after hearing the reviews online about the truck mode panels not lining up I'm about 50/50 on this one.

If the Takara version fixes this issue, I think it's a must buy for movie fans

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dal157 View Post
    I'm not sure about this figure tbh....

I've recently become a fan of the movie figures but after hearing the reviews online about the truck mode panels not lining up I'm about 50/50 on this one.

If the Takara version fixes this issue, I think it's a must buy for movie fans
    is a skip for me, I seen mpm-bee and they screwed up with two right arm joints. To me, it amazes me that for the highest line is still having defects.
    I am now worried about sunstreaker.

Potential fix for vehicle mode alignment issues https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ40We6PYyQ

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    When you buy AE just buy it and dont change your mind. If you cool with that, no issues. Once you start altering the order or change your mind is where hell breaks loose.

IMO get it and juts stick with it.
    I just hope I don't get sent another bumblebee or something, damnit I had to be watching the wrong page at the wrong time and miss second chance with amiami too didn't I, nothing from nippon yassan either :c

Quote Originally Posted by Amalgamous View Post
    Potential fix for vehicle mode alignment issues https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ40We6PYyQ
    From what some are saying even that doesn't work, it seems to vary from figure to figure.