View Poll Results: GEN-15 VOY Optimus - worth buying?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 42.11%
  • Only if...

3 15.79%
  • Not worth it

1 5.26%
  • Not even interested

7 36.84%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - GEN-15 VOY Optimus Prime (combiner)

Default Toy Review - GEN-15 VOY Optimus Prime (combiner)

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)
    Impressions of the group or a combiner as a whole can be posted here or in the pre-existing group review topic here.

OPTIMUS PRIME
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Voyager
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here - scheduled for March 2015 (out in Asia & America December 2014)
    Approximate Retail Price - AU$?? (probably about $50) US$25
    Approximate Size - 20cm (robot), 15cm (truck)
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Truck Cab
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Combiner core (Ultra Prime)
    Main Colours - Red, blue, grey, silver, black.
    Main Accessories - 2-part gun

Last edited by griffin; 4th March 2015 at 12:30 AM.

Motormaster looks a lot better than Optimus.

The original CHUG Optimus was far superior, but I think CW Optimus is a solid figure.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Motormaster looks a lot better than Optimus.

The original CHUG Optimus was far superior, but I think CW Optimus is a solid figure.
    Both look like excellent figures. Beyond the arm kibble they share, I think Combiner Wars Optimus has a lot of the things Classics OP doesn't. He has the more square front and shoulders of Optimus in the cartoon and has some of the mass that he had. Classics Optimus carries the heroic stature and silhouette of Optimus and has a supremely impressive headsculpt.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Agree with the above, CW Prime is a hefty bot, not one to mess with, but I prefer the Classics design, as old as it is (I have the evolutions version, so I guess the chrome helps with the visual appeal.)

I'm not entirely sure what I'll do with this one, he spends a lot of time on my desk as he doesn't really fit on my classics shelf (the other OP is there) but genus pretty fun/quick to transform. I only wish the hands went somewhere else for torso mode...

Robot mode is just beautiful! Alt mode is just garbage.

Big fan of both modes!

Robot gives Prime a new look, but I really like it (imagine him with an Energon axe... oh yes!), and the huge ratchets on the leg don't bother me too much as the waist swivel compensates for that.

I actually really like the truck mode-it's different but again goes with that bulky theme from robot mode.

Worst part is the open chest of Ultra Prime-it really needs some paint in there or a legends figure...

I just keep the chest closed in combined mode. Will make for a different looking figure than Menasor when he arrives

Hmm Just got mine and am not feeling the bot mode... nor the vehicle mode... dunno.... feels too boxy
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Still think the mold makes a better Motormaster.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    Still think the mold makes a better Motormaster.
    I think that was the point... it was designed to be Motormaster for the Combiner theme, and someone at Hasbro thought, what if we do the reverse of turning Legends Optimus into Motormaster and see if this Motormaster can be done as Optimus.
    When that happened, they probably thought Optimus would have a better chance of selling if it was released first so that it didn't look like the recolour, or they just wanted the bigger name released first.

For me though, the truck mode doesn't fit either character. When I transformed Optimus into a truck, the red section looks like it has two fronts to it. Both front and back are rounded and have panels that look like windshields.