Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: KFC not Ultra Magnus

I wonder if this will go ahead, with MP-22 UM coming out next year? Gosh what a kick to the guts for KFC huh?

I've been thinking about this. Didn't someing similar occur with MP Soundwave? A couple of third parties had some designs about to proceed then Takara announced they were releasing one. I wonder how much influence, if any, this KFC design had on Takara this time around?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    I've been thinking about this. Didn't someing similar occur with MP Soundwave? A couple of third parties had some designs about to proceed then Takara announced they were releasing one. I wonder how much influence, if any, this KFC design had on Takara this time around?
    Yes, Acoustic Wave, IIRC.
    As for KFC's influence on Magnus, probably none. Hasui had tweeted an image of an MP10 wearing carved up armour from the G1 Magnus toy back in Sept 2011. So the ideas been there for a while now, dare I say even from the start

well lucky for them bbt put on a preorder info early so at least they can cancel the project now at the early stages and not bother about the prototype and waste more money into this project ... i was remembering that Acoustic Wave was past prototyping was was about to go into production .. now that would of sucked

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    well lucky for them bbt put on a preorder info early so at least they can cancel the project now at the early stages and not bother about the prototype and waste more money into this project ... i was remembering that Acoustic Wave was past prototyping was was about to go into production .. now that would of sucked
    Even so they still would have laid out a fair bit of cash on CAD renders and maybe even in the process of having the moulds developed. And mould development is where a large chunk of the money goes in making toys.

But I believe they announced on their Facebook page that this was still going ahead a theirs was more IDW inspired then G1. And remember that this one is apparently a stand alone UM, not a 'White Prime in armour' like the MP is rumored to be. Because this apparently matters to people

I may end up with both
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I missed out on a classics UM so depending on scale, I might well invest in this one as well.

well if they can make this one cheaper then the masterpeice then that would put them back in the game , if it like half price around 140 which is around the price i first estimate it would be then alot of people would highly consider this over the MP...

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    or..Galvatron...or Dinobots..
    Xtransbots had a near complete Galvatron in the works at one stage didn't they? He looked pretty awesome, if I remember right. I wonder what happened to that figure.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    None.

Planning on this would have had to be well under way for some time by TakTom, and we know it's been on the cards since MP10 anyway.

And even IF they were going to be influenced by the actions of a 3rd party company (something that's pretty doubtful anyway, especially considering timeframes and such) I REALLY doubt it'd be KFC, and how many UM's have been done over the years by 3rd parties now anyway?
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    None.

Planning on this would have had to be well under way for some time by TakTom, and we know it's been on the cards since MP10 anyway.

And even IF they were going to be influenced by the actions of a 3rd party company (something that's pretty doubtful anyway, especially considering timeframes and such) I REALLY doubt it'd be KFC, and how many UM's have been done over the years by 3rd parties now anyway?
    Yeah I doubt any real influence. It is possible that the popularity of City Commander may have encouraged someone at Tomy that doing the character proper was a good idea but that is vague guessing.

I personally think this just happened completely on it's own. The new MP designer seems to have his finger on the fan's pulse so he knows what people want to see.