Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Toys FT-05 Soar (Swoop)

Preordered! Thanks for the heads up.

I went with the blue version (because I had preordered cartoon colours Scoria before I realised they were going to do toy colours as well). I think I like the contrast better than the G1 toy accurate colours anyhow, but seeing Scoria and Soar together I am a little concerned they might be too colourful. I hope the other dinobots' colour schemes tone the group as a whole down a bit.

That said I have half a plan to get the Giga Power dinobots to represent the toy accurate colours anyway.

Then I just have to decide which set will be in bot mode and which in dino mode.

Good thing it is such a dud year for Star Wars collecting .

Quote Originally Posted by Otter View Post
    Preordered! Thanks for the heads up.

I went with the blue version (because I had preordered cartoon colours Scoria before I realised they were going to do toy colours as well). I think I like the contrast better than the G1 toy accurate colours anyhow, but seeing Scoria and Soar together I am a little concerned they might be too colourful. I hope the other dinobots' colour schemes tone the group as a whole down a bit.

That said I have half a plan to get the Giga Power dinobots to represent the toy accurate colours anyway.

Then I just have to decide which set will be in bot mode and which in dino mode.

Good thing it is such a dud year for Star Wars collecting .
    That is a massively expensive undertaking and I salute you good sir.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Iriorne View Post
    Chimungmung has preorders for both red and blue versions up now. $154.9 + shipping with a $30 deposit.
    Here are the links:

RED colour deco.

BLUE colour deco .

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    That is a massively expensive undertaking and I salute you good sir.
    Maybe... But I don't envisage buying any more transformers after this, so in the grand scheme of collections I'm okay with it.

I only really have MPs 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16 and 17 (and I'll get 21 as well), and the anniversary TRu release of Soundwave. And I have only hung onto my G1 Grimlock and Swoop.

Outside of Soundwave, more dinobots is what I really coveted as a kid. I had Grimlock when he was released, which none of my friends had, but I always wanted the full team (Swoop I managed to find at retail in '92 in South America).

So these third party companies are really offering me an opportunity to modernise my dream collection from when I was a kid. I was entertaining the notion of tracking down the three G1 dinobots I don't have when I discovered Scoria's existence about two weeks ago!

Not as nice as Scoria, but still very cool. Could someone make a comparison with a cartoon screencap?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Im keen on Soar (not swoop) for a couple of reasons. I don't have a g1 swoop, and its been differcult to obtain a good one for a decent price and also because of the ko version floating around, this is also due to been just unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    Im keen on Soar (not swoop) for a couple of reasons. I don't have a g1 swoop, and its been differcult to obtain a good one for a decent price and also because of the ko version floating around, this is also due to been just unlucky.
    Never had one either. Saw a few growing up and they always fell apart in my friends hands after a period of time never stopped my desire to get one

I'm very keen on seeing how this one develops

Always wanted a Swoop, and prefer the blue deco, so this one is pre-ordered! Until then, Planet X Caelus is the only Swoop I've owned (besides a Decoy!).

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Always wanted a Swoop, and prefer the blue deco, so this one is pre-ordered! Until then, Planet X Caelus is the only Swoop I've owned (besides a Decoy!).
    Same. The foc swoop is kean beans though.....love him. I'm thinking he will dwarfed by this swoop though

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    Same. The foc swoop is kean beans though.....love him. I'm thinking he will dwarfed by this swoop though
    I looked into buying a G1 Swoop, but what really got my attention was a KO of the Diaclone Swoop. Needless to say, didn't pull the trigger!