Page 266 of 870 FirstFirst ... 246256261262263264265266267268269270271276286 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 8691

Thread: NSW Transformers Sightings.

Quote Originally Posted by morg176 View Post
    i always found it annoying that stores dont know what they are getting in or whether more stock of the same can be guaranteed. 'its just what we get sent'
    +1. In Australia anyway. My experience in Japan was different. I'll never forget the time I walked into an Itoyokado's toy section and asked the lady working there, "When are you getting more Transformers?" and she answered, "This Sunday 12:00." And sure enough, it was true.

i always found it annoying that stores dont know what they are getting in or whether more stock of the same can be guaranteed. 'its just what we get sent'
    They usually get advised with assortment codes with the wave # on them, wouldn't really take much effort to find out what's inside, but for most retail customer service people its just a job.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    +1. In Australia anyway. My experience in Japan was different. I'll never forget the time I walked into an Itoyokado's toy section and asked the lady working there, "When are you getting more Transformers?" and she answered, "This Sunday 12:00." And sure enough, it was true.
    Japan gets stock in on a Sunday?! Guess that makes sense considering their postal system operates 7 days - my sis mentioned that they do 4 rounds a day? And when she paid for furniture to be delivered after 7pm, sure enough there they were.

I had similar positive customer service experiences in HK - I remembered a girl telling me what years certain toys were released

Which is odd because one of the managers of Uncle Petes is an old family friend. She never knows whats coming in or exactly when it is, just a rough time frame. But she always tells me how the owner is off buying stuff for the stores.
    Toyworld Kiama is the same. The owners are always talking about toy shows and when stuff is getting released but not what. They always tell me nothing is available until such and such but I find it elswhere. I once found something at the Woolworths down the road after I was told by Toyworld that nothing was being released until after some toy show

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    They usually get advised with assortment codes with the wave # on them, wouldn't really take much effort to find out what's inside, but for most retail customer service people its just a job.
    As someone who used to work in the Toy Department at Target, while assortment codes and the like might be known by those ordering the stock, your standard floor staff is not told and will not know stuff like wave numbers, assortment numbers, SKUs, etc.

Additionally there isn't a way to search them on a system, and TBH it would take more hours than anyone has in their day to find out the individual wave numbers and product codes for every single product that someone like Target would stock.

There is an 8 digit number, usually found on the shelf price labels, that tells you how many items you have in stock, however it covers the whole line (ie: 1 code for all deluxe figures in a single line), so won't give any notice about which figures would be coming in the next shipment.

So please, ease up on the service assistant who's trying to do the best they can for you, with the resources they have available.

I never give them grief. Some guy was abusing a couple of staff members at TRU last week. When one went to check he gave me a smile so I asked him if he felt like a big man now. He got even more agro. Couldn't even explain what the problem was. Ended up storming out.
    I hate when people abuse or are rude to serice people.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    As someone who used to work in the Toy Department at Target, while assortment codes and the like might be known by those ordering the stock, your standard floor staff is not told and will not know stuff like wave numbers, assortment numbers, SKUs, etc.

Additionally there isn't a way to search them on a system, and TBH it would take more hours than anyone has in their day to find out the individual wave numbers and product codes for every single product that someone like Target would stock.
    I've worked with a large department store in customer service and corporate as well, and understand those sentiments. Even managers aren't readily provided with the information of what's in specific boxes/waves. When I was in customer service (toys), I did make calls to head office to make an enquiry on behalf of customers who seemed desperate enough (usually for Thomas the Tank Engine toys). The level of information is just not readily in reach (in a system or stock advice comms) for line staff/management, as opposed to the correlating team in said department store's electronics department (despite electronics having a much lower margin of profit)

My comment was coupled with a second comment on level of detail Japanese customer service goes through - not speculating on whether that's just trained or a genuine devotion to customer service, but the end result is there.

Toys R Us Parra. he's here. masterpiece optimus prime. but only 1 left.

Quote Originally Posted by funkyaw View Post
    how much?

150, just grabbed the last one in Parra

Quote Originally Posted by funkyaw View Post
    Another first sighting?