Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Transformer Prime mainline toys released in Australia

Hasbro's sales reps have to take some responsibility though as to what products get sold and how much of each are sold and where. A store chain doesn't know what will sell and what won't, nor would they necessarily know to buy a product related to a tv show that is not out yet, let alone if that product exists.

They would be relying entirely on the information provided by the toy company's sales reps. That includes the estimated popularity of each toy, so if a Hasbro sales rep for example says that OP and BB are the main characters in a movie or tv show so they will therefore be the most popular amongst the kiddies who are our main target audience, then of course the stores will rely on that "intelligence" and buy 10 times more of that particular product than the rest of the line.

This is my understanding of the process of course, I don't actually have any experience in the mechanics of how these transactions take place but am happy for people to correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, it's True. Retail is still recovering from Christmas. There's always talk of retail dying but I'd rather walk into a store and buy something and have it now.

That said I did just order the Series Two case of six PRime RID Revealers from BBTS, comes to about 143.99 plus shipping and that Breaks down to about $24 each.

I was just at TRU in Cannington here in WA and there were like eight voyager Optimus Primes and one megatron. As for deluxes they had two Wheeljacks, eight Cliffjumpers and six Bumblebees.

Boy are they tiny

would it be worthwhile to wait for something like this from hasbro?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images...m/TAK11418.jpg
    Last edited by griffin; 2nd March 2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: hotlinking forbidden, as per board rules - please post links or host copies

I wouldn't hold my breath. If you really want that toy, just get it from Japan. Besides, with the strength of the Aussie Dollar + expensive RRPs here, even with postage you're probably gonna spend the same amount of money.