Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: JP Legends 44-46 revealed

I dunno, I still like the grey one. it's hard to find a good grey Transformer, most grey bots are cheap Hasbro grey.

A hobby magazine scan shows us the new chest panel for Hot Rodimus, and another look at the new Targetmaster guns.

Higher quality scan of Figure King No. 231:

I like Takara going to the extra effort of these minor remoulds instead of just redecos.

It's interesting how LG figures in Japan are just FLYING off shelves, even when the Deluxes are nearly double our prices (due to the inclusion of the bonus Titan Master vehicle), yet our figures with cheaper Deluxes and about same prices for other size classes aren't selling nearly as quickly. With the exception of Soundwave and Ravage, I could not find any LGs in my recent trip to Japan, and in the trip that I went on last week LGs were also not easy to find - now it's near impossible.

I spoke to one store employee in Tokyo who confirmed that LG has been their strongest selling TF line. I can still find MPs a-plenty (except for the BW MPs, they were all sold out everywhere), Movie series (despite being heavily promoted atm) etc. - all fairly easy to find. But Legends? Good freakin' luck! TAV is a mixed bag - half of those figures are shelfwarming while others are selling well. I went to my local Target yesterday and they'd restocked on Deluxe and Legends TR figures (so many Sharkticons!). I wouldn't say that they're shelfwarming per se, but just not flying off shelves like their LG counterparts are in Japan.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It's interesting how LG figures in Japan are just FLYING off shelves, even when the Deluxes are nearly double our prices (due to the inclusion of the bonus Titan Master vehicle), yet our figures with cheaper Deluxes and about same prices for other size classes aren't selling nearly as quickly. With the exception of Soundwave and Ravage, I could not find any LGs in my recent trip to Japan, and in the trip that I went on last week LGs were also not easy to find - now it's near impossible.
    Probably nostalgia. The Headmasters anime was the first exclusive Japanese G1 series (followed by MF, Victory, Zone, etc). I don't know how popular it was when it aired in Japan, but I imagine people who grew up watching that series would have a much bigger disposable income these days. Some might even buy the Headmasters for their kids to show them how Transformers should be like. Movie toys? Transformers Adventure? Bah!!

Is there any update on release other than 'September'?
    I have 2x Sharktron on pre-order along with something else in-stock right now and just pondering paying a little extra and shipping the in-stock item now.

Also, I don't have any need really for the titan master heads so I am willing to sell those off if anyone needs them.

Looks like they are back to September 22nd. (they were originally on the 22nd, then pushed back to the 29th, but now back to the 22nd)

Ok thanks! I will wait and see what RK say.

The three JP Legends for this month have been acquired in Japan, and photos have been posted up with the Hasbro versions to show the differences in colours, sculpting and accessories.