Page 59 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3949545556575859606162636469 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official - MP-36 is a new Megatron

bowspearer Guest

Cruel twist of fate: both of mine arrived last week (intended to be one sealed and one loose), but what I received was a sealed case of 2, which the sealed collector within me cannot bear the thought of opening.

Anyone know if the orange plugs on these are easily removable without damaging the figure:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...31&mode=retail

are you saying that you do not want to open the cardboard postage box that your boxed figures are in??

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Cruel twist of fate: both of mine arrived last week (intended to be one sealed and one loose), but what I received was a sealed case of 2, which the sealed collector within me cannot bear the thought of opening.

Anyone know if the orange plugs on these are easily removable without damaging the figure:

Had the same issue with hasbro soundwave. lol

I don't understand what you're saying. If you bought them from BBTS they're not sealed as they had to open them and install the orange plugs. They don't come from the factory like that.

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    I don't understand what you're saying. If you bought them from BBTS they're not sealed as they had to open them and install the orange plugs. They don't come from the factory like that.
    Yep. By MISB collector mentality, they're not MISB. MIB at best
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

My interpretation of the posting is that he ordered 2 from somewhere that didn't alter the toys (like a Japanese or HK online store), and if he is going to keep the master carton sealed, he is looking at the option of buying a third. Since BBTS is probably the last place to still (easily) buy one, they have the orange barrel plug... and he wants to know if the plug is easy to remove, before sending money off to them for one.

I did see a video where he said it's easy to remove but it will take the paint off on the inside of the barrel. Pretty sure it was emgo's

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    But maybe bbts had the smarts too think that they are being shipped outside of the U.S so they don't need the plugs and just left them in the sealed takara box?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    My interpretation of the posting is that he ordered 2 from somewhere that didn't alter the toys (like a Japanese or HK online store), and if he is going to keep the master carton sealed, he is looking at the option of buying a third. Since BBTS is probably the last place to still (easily) buy one, they have the orange barrel plug... and he wants to know if the plug is easy to remove, before sending money off to them for one.
    If this is the correct interpretation Bowspearer I suggest ordering from Ami Ami where it was still in stock last I checked and doesn't come with the plugs. Note that both of mine that arrived last week from them were double taped but I'm sure that will be the case wherever you order it from.

Amiami and RobotKingdom still have stock, but no discount. I don't think either have orange plugs.

The plugs vary by distributor, but most come out with a little force and or a low-hear hair-dryer, and some are found rattling around in the plastic trays having fallen out in transit.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    If this is the correct interpretation Bowspearer I suggest ordering from Ami Ami where it was still in stock last I checked and doesn't come with the plugs. Note that both of mine that arrived last week from them were double taped but I'm sure that will be the case wherever you order it from.
    I think both of my orders from HLJ were single taped. Would have to check if you want.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

bowspearer Guest

Everyone seems a little confused. My MP-36s didn't come from BBTS, they came from HLJ, so yes, MISB and MISC - as in still factory sealed.

I was doing some looking around and BBTS seemed to still have stock hence my question. That said, I may have found an alternate Asian source to get a third one from.