Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TFC Prometheus (aka Defensor)

Streetwise is too bland; Groove is too busy. As well as the huge cost of the figures, no doubt we'll have to shell out more cash for the upgrade kit that fixes the issues of the first release.

They had me at "Protectobots". And kinda lost me at "preview pics".

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    TFC usually gets alt modes pretty well but not with Groove I am afraid. That looks more as if he were a technobot.
    He seems like a pretty spot on Dodge Tomahawk to me. Not sure if that quite fits with his police bike origins though. Still it may end up a good choice in order to get a decent sized leg for Defensor. I'll reserve judgement till I see a colour version.

It's interesting how Uranos other than Blackbird all used the same alt mode as the Aerialbots they were based on, while these guys seem to have traded there's for recent models.

Why the hell is Gumball's shoulder joints up past his ears?
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    He seems like a pretty spot on Dodge Tomahawk to me. Not sure if that quite fits with his police bike origins though. Still it may end up a good choice in order to get a decent sized leg for Defensor. I'll reserve judgement till I see a colour version.
    I still can't say I like it.

Not Groove.
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...45&mode=retail
    The Plastic looks a little cheap. Not sure about this one. I wonder if anyone else is going to make a Defensor?
    Spiderken Away!

These really don't look like $100 toys.

Ridiculous pricing. Just get's worse and worse with these 3P gestalt releases.

Would love to have a classics style Defensor on display, but for $600-$700? Way too heavy

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post

Would love to have a classics style Defensor on display, but for $600-$700? Way too heavy
    Wait until they're all released. TFC stuff always goes on sale.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post

Some retailers have the first 2 around the $80 mark - If shipping costs can be kept low, the whole set might only come out around $450-$500. Still way too high though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Wait until they're all released. TFC stuff always goes on sale.
    It'd have to be discounted reasonably heavily to be worth it. I'm really down about it as I love the Protectobots (personal faves) but can't see my self ever being able to justify getting the TFC ones.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I still can't say I like it.
    I think it represents an updated Groove quite nicely actually.
    Somehow with TFC bots, they seem to lack the sharpness in detail compared to Fansproject, Maketoys or MMC.
    However, their plastic quality is always "Fisher Price" grade and it can handle rough handling and play... which is a good thing if you've got kids around
    I wonder where the Defensor foot piece will reside when in the separate bot modes.