Page 92 of 120 FirstFirst ... 72828788899091929394959697102112 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

I'm not sure, if I remember I'll check my unicron when I get home tonight. There have definitely been cases in the past of non-aligned characters being given a decepticon or autobot insignia on the toy. Animated Lockdown is an example I believe.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

G1 Gnaw
    G1 Wreck Gar
    G1 Unicron (never produced but prototypes had a Decepticon rub sign)
    G1 Sixshot (Japan - does LG50 Sixshot have any Decepticon logos?)
    Cybertron Unicron
    ROTF The Fallen*
    RtS Wreck Gar
    AoE Lockdowns
    AoE Steeljaw
    RiD Megatronus*
    Titans Return/LG Gnaw

*Subjective -- the Fallen was initially not a Decepticon. In some continuities he's never a Decepticon, but in the Bayverse he influences Megatron to create the Decepticon faction and in the Aligned universe he claimed to be the first Decepticon but there's no canonical evidence to back this claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Speaking of Japanese stuff. I just found out that Takara and Takara Tomy have developed a bunch of video games over the years (most non Transformers related) dating back as far as 1987 when they made Transformers: Headmasters for the Famicom Disk System (Not to be confused with the cartridge based Famicom AKA the NES).
    They made Mystery of Convoy in 1986, although that was cartridge game.
    The Famicom Disk System isn't a stand-alone console on its own, it's a add-on disk drive that attaches to your Famicom console.

I used to own both an NES and Famicom back in the day.
    I didn't own the Disk System but I knew other kids who did.

Errrr....

I think I got my Famicom Disk mixed up with my Twin Famicom. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_Famicom

God I'm finding it hard keeping facts straight in my head these days.

But Convoy No Nazo was published by Takara, not Developed by them. Headmasters was the first developed. Huge difference between being a developer and a publisher.

Also what are you talking about Six Shot not being a Decepticon? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtLpwtwqaak

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Also what are you talking about Six Shot not being a Decepticon? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtLpwtwqaak
    I said...
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    G1 Sixshot (Japan - does LG50 Sixshot have any Decepticon logos?)
    i.e. Only talking about Sixshot in G1 Japanese continuity, not Anglophone continuity. Thanks.

I said...

i.e. Only talking about Sixshot in G1 Japanese continuity, not Anglophone continuity. Thanks.
    ??? Sorry but most people don't know anything about Japanese G1. Are you saying Takara made him a different faction?

Here's the link the Giant Bomb page for Convoy no Nazo. As you can see it was not developed by Takara. https://www.giantbomb.com/transforme...zo/3030-15638/

A developer makes games, a publisher publishes them. I was referring specifically to developing games. Any businessman with some financing can be a publisher. Being a developer takes artistic and programing skill.

In Japanese G1 Sixshot was a factionless mercenary, much like Lockdown. Yet the toy was packaged as a Decepticon and had Decepticon logos. In the anime and manga he had no logos.

In Japanese G1 Sixshot was a factionless mercenary, much like Lockdown. Yet the toy was packaged as a Decepticon and had Decepticon logos. In the anime and manga he had no logos.
    This doesn't seem to hold very well. He was pretty much the Japanese city commander, emphasised even more by his rivalry with Ultra Magnus.

TFwiki lists his function (presumably from the Headmasters cartoon itself) as "Decepticon Dinobase Ninja Staff Officer." Though he may have been his own bot prior to its events, he seems to be a Decepticon in the time of the show.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Ah, thanks for the explanation.

I tried to watch the Headmasters and within a couple of episodes I gave up thanks to that really crappy english dub. I wish Hasbro would do a proper dub of the Japanese only episodes.

Was messing around with the new Trypticon with my son and just found that there is a button behind the head to pop open the cap and reveal the gun on his nose. I've been opening it by the cap

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Was messing around with the new Trypticon with my son and just found that there is a button behind the head to pop open the cap and reveal the gun on his nose. I've been opening it by the cap
    And that button has a Titan Master port on it. You're meant to put the Titan Master that came with Trypticon in that port making him the second Titan Class Titan Master.