Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW: Skeleton Warriors "Glyos Compatible" Action Figures - Kickstarter

Everything is looking pretty good with these. Its a shame they didn't have some sort of unpainted weapons pack or accessories in the kickstarter as a goal straight after titan skeletons, it might of been reachable as those painted skeleton warriors seemed so far away. But nevermind, at least skeletons on their own are pretty awesome already. I will be looking forward to watching the series on dvd, and Captain Power, if they are ever released here.

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

October Toys' online store has just made the Skeleton Warriors "Metal Weapons 3-Pack" available! - Head here & order a set NOW before they run out!

ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT!!! - DON'T FORGET TO GET IN ON THE PRE-ORDERS FOR BARON DARK & THE TITAN SKELETONS (REGULAR & GLOW IN THE DARK VARIANTS AVAILABLE).
    (Pre-Orders Close July 31st! & Don't forget to ADD THE RELEVANT POSTAGE to your order )

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    I will be looking forward to watching the series on dvd, and Captain Power, if they are ever released here.
    Both were released in 2012 dude, and to be honest I don't think I've seen any store locally offer them since that time.

The GOOD news is that both sets are DVD Region Free, meaning that regardless of what DVD player you have OR where you are in the world, they will work in your machine.
    (Ignore Amazon stating that they're Region 1: United States and Canada Only, it's complete beryllium baloney )

Captain Power & Skeleton Warriors can be ordered from Amazon for REALLY good prices (It's where I bought my set from) - So if that's an option, I highly recommend it Defcon.

ONLY MERE HOURS LEFT!!! - GET IN ON THE PRE-ORDERS FOR BARON DARK & THE TITAN SKELETONS (REGULAR & GLOW IN THE DARK VARIANTS AVAILABLE).
    (Pre-Orders Close July 31st! & Don't forget to ADD THE RELEVANT POSTAGE to your order )

Also, don't forget the October Toys' online store has made the Skeleton Warriors "Metal Weapons 3-Pack" available! - Head here & order a set NOW before they run out!

(Photo courtesy of SpankyStokes.com )

The Kickstarter page also had an update, detailing much of what we've covered here regarding the October Toys' SDCC Booth and what was on display - sharing links to the aforementioned interviews by Roger Lay Jr. & Pixel-Dan...

(Photo courtesy of 16Bit.com )

...as well as some links to various websites that covered October Toys' presence at SDCC, including:

I'll leave you with a reminder to visit & "Like" the Skeleton Warriors Facebook page, as well as to get in on the Baron Dark & Titan Skeletons Preorders in their closing hours, but also to head to the October Toys' Online Store to pick-up a set of the "Metal Weapons Pack" before they disappear.

(Photo of Original 90s Baron Dark Maquette courtesy of SpankyStokes.com )

(Photo of 15" Kickstarter Exclusive - Baron Dark Statue, from the final 2 eps of the Cartoon, courtesy of TomoPop.com )

(Photo of Original 90s Bone-Dragon Maquette courtesy of TomoPop.com )

So last Saturday I had a package arrive that contained some pretty wicked items, all the way from the OctoberToys, courtesy of George!

Contained within was the seriously awesome Metal Weapons Pack, along with a copy of Luc Mayrand's original Concept Art of the Battle-Axe! - which we've recently learned was an included weapon with the original Playmate's iteration of Dagger :

The production quality of these (Lead-free) Cast Pewter pieces are magnificent!, so props to the bloke who produced them but even bigger kudos has got to go to George Gaspar, as the sculpts of the Halberd, Battle-Axe & the Baron's Sword are bloody brilliant!

Halberd:

Battle-Axe:

Baron Dark's Sword:

Unfortunately, I don't presently own any 4" (1:84) Scale figures in order to model such Instruments of Destruction - So the duty fell to Playmate's "Nick-Toons: TMNT" Donnie!
    (The COOLEST of the Brothers-Green I might add! )

...so although (OG) Krang may not feel the same way, , I on the other hand absolutely love what is the 1st pieces of Official Skeleton Warriors products in 20 years! - They look superb, their weighted just right and they will serve as excellent armaments for Baron Dark & the Titan Skeletons come December!

They look great, I better go order mine soon.

Quote Originally Posted by twincobra View Post
    They look great, I better go order mine soon.
    Yes! - Definitely do dude, it'd be a shame if you or anyone else who may be interested in them were to miss out!

I thought I might let people viewing this thread know that I've posted some scans of a recently acquired Skeleton Warriors: Colouring & Activity Book, over at the OctoberToys forums - So go and check them out!

Here's a sample of what to look forward to.
    (Many hours of scanning & editing went into these )

weapons look awesome hursty!
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Cheers Sharky!

Geez it's been a while since I've updated this thread!

Okay so back in mid-late August, George & Ayleen posted Update #19 on the Skeleton Warriors Kickstarter page which was predominantly a reminder for all those who backed the project to confirm their orders before August 27.
    I hope you did just that if you're reading this and were a backer of the project!

What was FAR more wicked about this update however was that they posted a video of which featured the very Maquettes that were at the October Toys SDCC 2014 booth that I posted about above!

In the video they go into further detail about the maquettes, what they were used for as well as some production history regarding them, so definitely check that drool-inducing video out here!

More recently however, Update #20 went up - Letting backers know that whilst things have been quiet for a while, plenty of work has been going on behind the scenes and production is on schedule with the 1st "Shots" or "Test Shots" hopefully arriving within the next couple of weeks!

These "Test Shots" will be the 1st batches of PVC Polymer to be run through the molds, allowing the October Toys team to review the details as well as the fitting of parts in order to maintain as higher standards as possible.

Once George & Ayleen have these "Test Shots" in-hand, they hope to provide pictures and a video review so look out for those when they happen! - I'll likely post links & mirror some pics here too.

In addition to the original 90s Skeleton Warriors: Colouring and Activity Book that I posted a link to above, in the proceeding time I've also come into the possession of THREE MORE!

I've spent many-many hours scanning & editing each and every page of these 3 new (Old) books, all of which having a 32 page count!
    Said scans are also posted over at the October Toys forums under the Skeleton Warriors sub-forum but for your ease and benefit, I'll provide some direct links to the relevant threads here :

I've also been EXTREMELY lucky and fortunate enough to come into the possession of a pair of Original 1994 Playmates: Skeleton Warriors toys, of whom both were Mint in Box and in superb condition!

The 1st came from a very good friend (And Collection Instigator! ) in our very own Sharky; He decided to surprise me with Baron Dark's (Skull)Sky-Cycle vehicle!, an exceedingly unexpected but cherished surprise in which I've gone into great detail in a review that I posted over at the October Toys forums - Huge thanks yet again dude!

Secondly, arriving earlier in the week was a local eBay win that I didn't expect to ever come across in Australia, not for quite some time at least; Baron Dark's "Bonesteed" Warhorse is an utterly exquisite piece to behold and like with Sky-Cycle, I've just today posted a review of it over at the October Toys forums.

Please do check them out and let me know your thoughts, as well as any questions you may have.

Okay well that pretty much covers things since I last updated the thread, don't forget to:

Stay tuned for the next update, as it promises to be a fairly exciting one!
    Last edited by Hursticon; 26th October 2014 at 03:38 PM.

Getting keen for these, might have to buy more skeletons, the test shots look great!