Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Evolutions Optimus and Dinobot 5-pack pics

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    I actually prefer the dinobots like that, makes them look more movie. Any idea how much this is going to cost & whose going to stock it?
    Myer will be stocking them. No word on prices yet

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I'd buy a Gold Optimus Prime. It seems like a good centerpiece. I would absolutely LOVE a gold Cybertron Primus though.
    As cool as having one or two golden Transformers toys is, unfortunately we'd never see a general release or even a store exclusive one, as it would step on the toes of competition pieces in Japan and Hong Kong... like Lucky Draw golden figures, reducing the incentive if there are thousands instead of five.

Aside from some Minicons, I *think* the only totally golden toy that saw public release (for sale) was Gen1 Jazz by Ehobby during the time of the Reissues about ten years ago.

Incidentally, Ehobby released a Silver (Blue)Streak at the same time, which that Silver Knight Optimus (DLX TF3 with FOC Grimlock) reminded me of, as I was thinking that this Optimus was probably the closest we'll probably get at seeing a totally gold or silver Transformers toy at Retail.
    (it's obviously affordable now, seeing as over half of that DLX Optimus was coated in silver... so cost isn't a factor, but potential sales might be why we also won't see it happen)

While not transforming Transformers (can we count those?) Kids Logic is offering Gold plated versions of Optimus Prime, Bumblebee & Grimlock. Limited to 800 pieces each, they were available through the Hong Kong retailer Love Knots & online sources.

I'm surprised we don't have any information on Optimus, other than being at Myer. Is he set to come out this month or October?
    Last edited by griffin; 2nd September 2014 at 07:18 PM. Reason: nothing changed
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I'm surprised we don't have any information on Optimus, other than being at Myer. Is he set to come out this month or October?
    Evolutions Optimus should be at ToysRUs (and should be out soon now that it is out in America). Myer has the Platinums.

Then & Now Optimus has a Mid September release date.

Excellent! Will be getting one for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Then & Now Optimus has a Mid September release date.
    Thanks. I didn't know it was Toys R Us either. I hope there's a 20% off coupon or sale when it comes out.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Thanks. I didn't know it was Toys R Us either. I hope there's a 20% off coupon or sale when it comes out.
    Same. Then again, at $90 it's $10 cheaper than buying those molds off the shelves seperately i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Same. Then again, at $90 it's $10 cheaper than buying those molds off the shelves seperately i suppose.
    I can swallow $90, that's pretty good for a Toys R' Us exclusive with 2 voyagers that are really good moulds. Still, 20% would make it so much more worth it.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust