Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Perfect Effect PE-XX

Default Perfect Effect PE-XX

I honestly don't see the point of this.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2nroupk.jpg

Usually, these "fan companies" stick to doing stuff Hasbro/TakaraTomy are unable or are unlikely to make, but official Classics-equivalent Soundwaves are available on the market in one form or other. Why compete with the real thing?
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

I have to agree. This is on the redundant.

I also agree that the 3rd parties should be there to provide fans with what Hasbro is unwilling/unable to do. This is just an attempt to profit on another company's popular character.

I am afraid that with this release that company and I-Gear are more into this for a cheap attempt at profiteering on the 3rd party 'gold rush' than doing anything original or worthwhile.
    Last edited by kup; 24th September 2010 at 06:06 PM.

Agreed,

I didn't mind the Not-Frenzy and Not-Rumble figures they did, but this I refuse to buy out of principal and the fact that only Hasbro and/or Taker-Tomy can make figures of my favourite character that are worthy of my money.

At least the colours of these 3rd Party companies are coming through and you can quite clearly tell who is purely riding on the back of others.

I bought the SDCC 25th Anniversary Soundwave and found it to be lacking... especially with the inferior head mold and knees that cant bend backwards

its a nice toy but i prefer updated versions of the g1 originals like mirage and hound - those are examples of engineering beauty.

as for classics equivalents... movie soundwave is a satelite and cybertronian soundwave doesnt change into a music player/thing like in the game credits.

which is somewhat disappointing.

from the picture, soundwave is holding a shotgun and has a tank cannon or rifle on his back with something else behind his waist. so im intrigued as to what his alt mode will be.

the i-gear is true. they took mp prime and just made it smaller and have made several versions.

-original
    -clear
    -grey
    -black
    -white
    -purple (evil)
    -silver
    -gold

so yeah i dont like that about i-gear.

Perfect Effect at least are making accessories for existing figures except this one now. though i hope at least its compatible with the shadow warrior and (not) frenzy/rumble.

i like new interesting products, so i'll reserve judgement.

You can actually get WFC Cybertronian Soundwave in his faux music player mode with some imagination. Saw it on a Japanese image board. Doesn't look exactly like the game, but the game thing was just made up anyway.

Also, there's Music Label Soundwave, who is a pretty good Soundwave for your Classics-y collection.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

this does definately stray beyond the iffy homages they made into blatant copyright infringement. That said, I'd like to see how this turns out as I've been tempted to buy PP-O1R&F and have wanted a decent Soundwave for my classics shelf. Thus far Titantium Soundwave is filling the bill.

This is going beyond it I think. I want to see actual pictures, but I don't think they should be dong this figure.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    Also, there's Music Label Soundwave, who is a pretty good Soundwave for your Classics-y collection.
    ML Soundwave fits it very well with the Classics figures, probably the best we are going to get.

Do we really need anymore soundwave?

Attachment 2717

Yes!! You can never have enough soundwaves and minions. ML w/reprolabels is my fav.
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

+1 ML soundwave

Quote Originally Posted by KaRNiV8L PRiME View Post
    Do we really need anymore soundwave?

Attachment 2717

Yes!! You can never have enough soundwaves and minions. ML w/reprolabels is my fav.
    That's the thing - we already have plenty of real Soundwaves.

The point of these so-called "fan toys" is to make stuff Hasbro/TakaraTomy don't or cannot make. They're already in a legally grey area, no need to start competing with Hasbro directly with the same characters and rise their ire.