Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EOI - POTP toy presentation in Sydney early December

Default EOI - POTP toy presentation in Sydney early December

Disclaimer - the details on this is still being worked out, and there is a chance that it won't go ahead, but we won't have much advance warning if the day is announced, so I need to get the ball rolling.

Hasbro Australia are looking at having a Power of the Primes fan reveal / product review at their office in Sydney, in the first half of December. (before the toys are released to stores in early January)

Unfortunately, if this goes ahead, it will need to be during business hours on a weekday... and if we don't get much advance warning of the exact day, I fear that there won't be too many people who will be able to make this (to get a day off work at such short notice).

As such, this topic is for expressions of interest for those in Sydney, who think that they should be able to attend a weekday meetup in Sydney (Macquarie Park) for a short unveiling of the first wave of POTP toys... and maybe some other items... for a bit of play-testing and reporting to fansites and social media.

I haven't been told yet of the limit of attendees, but if we manage to get more than they have room for (it's just a business office), preference will have to go to senior members (a reward for contributing here), and people with large social media followers, so that if we maximise exposure and publicity, we might be able to get Hasbro to do this sort of thing more often. (if you are a junior member here, or new to this site, post up your social media sites and how many followers you currently have)

Just be aware that Hasbro may have special rules on the day, and that you would only be allowed to attend if you agree beforehand to adhere to any rules they might have... in addition to the obvious ones, like not breaking or stealing anything (and only take photos of what they allow).

As soon as specific details are known (when and where), they will be posted here.

After the success of the two product reveals at the Melbourne Toyfair this year and last year, I've been trying to get more of these happening later in the year, or at least, when there is a new toyline like there is now.
    So it was really nice of the people at Hasbro to see if they can do this for us... and in return, we need to make sure it gets as much publicity and internet exposure as possible, to make it worth their effort and expense doing this.
    (it's just annoying that it can't be on a weekend... so there is a good chance I can't make it, especially if we don't know the date yet)

Depending on the day, I may be able to get there for it.
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    Depending on the day, I may be able to get there for it.
    Ditto.

Thumbs up

Definitely interested. Hopefully it won't just be the same figures we're already seeing in hand shots of coming out of the USA. Wow us, Hasbro!

I work in Artarmon during the day so I can Uber up to Mac Park at somewhat short notice for a long lunch.

I'm @jm77 on Twitter and @jasonm77 on Instagram. Reasonable social following but it can always be better I guess.

Welcome to message me and ask questions if needed!

Yeah could be cool. My wife works in Macquarie Park, and i am free most days, so hopefully we can work it out
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.

Definitely interested as well, pending time and date.

It looks like Hasbro in Hong Kong stole my idea...

Well, they stole our thunder on this, but if ours still goes ahead, that's probably what it will look like - a handful of invited fans playing with the new toys, to test them out and review them online.
    Looks like someone brought along their army of Sharkticons because of the Voyager Grimlock. If I end up being able to come to this, I will bring various Gen1 equivalents for comparison photos... and if I can't make it, I will see if someone else can take theirs, as that's one concept fans like to see, and we are yet to see comparisons of all of wave 1 yet.

Talking

Hopefully we can have as much fun with the figures as they clearly had in Hong Kong! 😂

I would try attend. Not hard for me to swap around shifts