Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Now Available" The Transformers: The Movie - Original Motion Picture Score

Quote Originally Posted by sifun View Post
    i came across this when i was youtubing what those new sound tracks were about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j92Gy4HZVAg

amazing
    Awesome. Until I was this this was my favorite TFtM OST cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Speculation around the various forums is that these tracks haven't been omitted, more so that they've been reworked/amalgamated into others.

Sadly the Botcon releases of the original score are so impossibly hard to acquire (Hence why I didn't think twice about ordering this release ) that I wont be able to compare them to this version in order to find out - that task will have to fall to someone who owns "'Til All Are One".
    Makes sense. I have the BotCon set on my hard drive. As far as the movie itself goes it's pretty complete. Every piece of music you hear in the movie was included. We'll see if this new release has something we haven't heard before.

i came across this when i was youtubing what those new sound tracks were about...

amazing
    I had such a cruddy day today, and this has instantly lifted my spirits. This was amazing!

A lot of movies have a soundtrack (mostly songs, maybe some music) and score (JUST background music)... you just have to be careful with distinguishing between them when ordering them online. (now that Hursticon has included a table in the first post, that is a good guide of the difference between the two for the 1986 movie)

Like recently, I finally found the original Batman score (by Danny Elfman), as I could only ever find the soundtrack (by Prince)... and that's not something that interests me, so I had to be careful when buying this one online to be sure it was the Score not the Soundtrack.

For the each of the three TFs live action movies, they have released BOTH, Score and Soundtrack... but not a physical copy of the TF3 score though (I prefer the score to the Soundtracks that didn't even include over half of the songs).
    This is a good news for fans of the 1986 movie, now that you can a general release of both Score and Soundtrack. (I have the BotCon version, and it is quite good... particularly since it is longer than the movie itself)

Thanks for the handy table, as I was confused thinking I already had this ...

I really want this, but not enough to buy a physical CD. Put it on iTunes!!!

My copy finally arrived today , so it would seem that after one's order being marked as "Billed" it'll take roughly a fortnight to arrive.
    Oh, the quality & sound of this remastered score? - it's audibly divine to the ear.

amazing
    That really was awesome, he even has the right hair!! I love all the differnt G1 transformers in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    A lot of movies have a soundtrack (mostly songs, maybe some music) and score (JUST background music)... you just have to be careful with distinguishing between them when ordering them online. (now that Hursticon has included a table in the first post, that is a good guide of the difference between the two for the 1986 movie)

Like recently, I finally found the original Batman score (by Danny Elfman), as I could only ever find the soundtrack (by Prince)... and that's not something that interests me, so I had to be careful when buying this one online to be sure it was the Score not the Soundtrack.

For the each of the three TFs live action movies, they have released BOTH, Score and Soundtrack... but not a physical copy of the TF3 score though (I prefer the score to the Soundtracks that didn't even include over half of the songs).
    This is a good news for fans of the 1986 movie, now that you can a general release of both Score and Soundtrack. (I have the BotCon version, and it is quite good... particularly since it is longer than the movie itself)
    That Batman Score is a very good one.
    If they released the score for DOTM I'd be all over that, the "soundtrack" was a bit lacking, certainly not as good as the 2007 soundtrack.

I have the previous two retail versions of the '85 soundtrack, hanging for this score. The Prime Score is pretty good too.

The Music from G1 and the '85 movie is some of the best tv/cinema score I've ever heard. sure it's not Star Wars or LOTR or Back to the Future but it is so distinct, energetic and enjoyable.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    My copy finally arrived today , so it would seem that after one's order being marked as "Billed" it'll take roughly a fortnight to arrive.
    Oh, the quality & sound of this remastered score? - it's audibly divine to the ear.

That art is fantastic.

I have the BotCon version, but am willing to get this one to prevent damaging it from over-use.

Got mine today. Definitely a must-get, and it's the best there is for the '86 movie score, although the booklet included a review written by some soundtrack editor who got half of the TF-related terms wrong.

Prime approves, this album has got the touch!