Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Beast Wars Dinobot

A+mazing!

Only negative of the mould is the side view of beast mode.

The even bigger negative though is that price. How are they justifying the 30000 yen price?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    The even bigger negative though is that price. How are they justifying the 30000 yen price?
    I think UltraMarginal is right; the price is being at least partly driven by R&D and the part count for such a complex figure.

Very impressive. I think the engineering plus electronics and the base included justify that price.

Although the face sculpts feel just a little bit off that I can't pinpoint. They don't give off that "jumping straight out the cartoon" vibe like Primal, Cheetor or G1 Megs did to me. Also I wished the default stoic face was done without the teeth showing:

The robot mode is awesome, specially the head sculpt. I can't wait!

bowspearer Guest

Until I see it surfacing for preorders on the usual suspects (AmiAmi, HLJ, etc), I'll take that price with more than a little grain of salt. I'll be highly surprised if the final price for the figure goes over 20,000 yen.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Until I see it surfacing for preorders on the usual suspects (AmiAmi, HLJ, etc), I'll take that price with more than a little grain of salt. I'll be highly surprised if the final price for the figure goes over 20,000 yen.
    Some contacts with certain toy stores are saying that the price is correct as told to them by their suppliers.
    I'm still waiting to know that it's 100% but it's becoming more and more likely that this ridiculous price is for the one toy.
    While the toy does look cool and would entice me into branching out into BW MP's, one look at the price and I'm just like

He looks sooo good except i only like one of the faces. But with the current price i would just focus on a reissue MP Megatron first then hopefully next year i can go back to where i left off the MP line

If Takara is thinking throwing a display base would make it everyone considering the price tag feel it is now appropriate, well i still believe that it looks a like $10 gundam display base only (cheaper if you buy that base in Japan as i just opened mine after 7 years)

While I could care less for BW I have to admit that's a very nice looking figure. I'll grab one purely to keep for my son until he is older but at that price I'm glad I won't be ordering doubles.

Release date is still July 2018? (reading the taghobby post). So plenty of time to save for those keen

Edit: wondering which reissues or exclusives are coming next year. I need a Sunstorm