Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Beast Wars Dinobot

Well I for one hope Dinobot is a once off, if prices for all MP's go this way I sadly will have to give up collecting MP's and probably focus on 3rd party or even KO's.
    The problem is that while many people are saying "this is too expensive" a lot are then turning around and buying it anyway, showing TT that even though people complain about the cost they will still pay it, thus encouraging prices to go up.
    It's not like Dinobot is an exclusive or will be in limited numbers, let it shelfwarm and send the message that these kinds of prices are unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Well I for one hope Dinobot is a once off, if prices for all MP's go this way I sadly will have to give up collecting MP's and probably focus on 3rd party or even KO's.
    The problem is that while many people are saying "this is too expensive" a lot are then turning around and buying it anyway, showing TT that even though people complain about the cost they will still pay it, thus encouraging prices to go up.
    It's not like Dinobot is an exclusive or will be in limited numbers, let it shelfwarm and send the message that these kinds of prices are unacceptable.
    I wouldn't count on it, just look at Sunstreaker. While he is considerably more advanced as a figure than his fellow carbots, he's even more expensive than the larger Ratchet or Ironhide. I reckon TT are throwing a million accessories with each release to better justify the prices.

We don't know the costs associated with developing and producing a toy like dinobot. So many variables. There is some level of trust required that TT is only making a reasons sustainable profit. For all we know they may have been undercharging on earlier figures. They may not have had all their costs inputs correctly figured out. Wages may have increased. R and d may have dragged on. Factory costs may have risen.

How much repaint potential is there for Dinobot?
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    We don't know the costs associated with developing and producing a toy like dinobot. So many variables. There is some level of trust required that TT is only making a reasons sustainable profit. For all we know they may have been undercharging on earlier figures. They may not have had all their costs inputs correctly figured out. Wages may have increased. R and d may have dragged on. Factory costs may have risen.
    This is unbelievable.

You'd be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    How much repaint potential is there for Dinobot?
    A more toy accurate version (like they did with Primal) is the most likely repaint and maybe a darker version (I feel like the clone was a darker shade?).

A BW Grimlock is unlikely. A BWII Thrustor retool even more so.

There's not really too much potential for repaints on BW anyhow. Maybe the price is indicative of that fact because they can't get as much use out of a mold like they could for the rest of the MP line

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I also disagree that 3rd party stuff isn't as widespread in Japan, most of the collectors niche stores that target Transformers fans carry them. Having said that recently 3rd parties are trying to undercut each other on price, so their cost have stabilized (occasionally gone down), now it's Takara who are leading the charge on more and more expensive MP toys.
    Heaps of 3P stuff in Japan these days... they are getting into it.

Unfortunately this would very likely be KO'ed as there'll be a demand by many who can't afford it.

I won't be getting either. It is a fantastic representation of Dinobot nonetheless.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    While he is considerably more advanced as a figure than his fellow carbots
    I don't think you can ignore that fact through - the R&D and engineering on this guy would have been a nightmare and that was going to definitely come to bear on the cost.

Never mind that from Takara's Perspective this was probably viewed as a one-shot deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    A BW Grimlock is unlikely.
    Wouldn't that depend more on Hasbro?