Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 313181920212223

Thread: Masterpiece Beast Wars Dinobot

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I'm packing to move, so big bots like this are stying boxed for the moment. one thing I did note was how heavy the box is. it's really heavy.
    I think thats the weight of the stand!

Quote Originally Posted by graza78 View Post
    I think thats the weight of the stand!
    Nah, could the weight of his conscience....

does anyone know if there's an asia exclusive item that came with dinobot? coin? or is the golden disc the bonus item ?

Quote Originally Posted by graza78 View Post
    Shouldn't have to make modifications to an official figure, especially at this premium pricepoint. If its broken, request a replacement...
    I agree. Sadly TT's QC has gone to sh!t in recent years that it's likely to have affected all the figures and a swap may get you an even worse one.

Plus getting a few dollars worth of clips and lube will be cheaper than sending it back.

So $1.10 for e clips on eBay and $5 for lube at Supercheap Auto (if you sign up to Club Plus).

You can get a small pot of silicon grease on eBay for $1.10, but i'm not sure i'd trust it to put on a $300 figure.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    does anyone know if there's an asia exclusive item that came with dinobot? coin? or is the golden disc the bonus item ?
    There wasn't an Asia release, something about not passing safety laws or not being up to quality standards (surprise, surprise).

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    There wasn't an Asia release, something about not passing safety laws or not being up to quality standards (surprise, surprise).
    whaaaaaat. noooooooo! i spent extra to get him from robotkingdom hoping for something extra

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    whaaaaaat. noooooooo! i spent extra to get him from robotkingdom hoping for something extra
    Yeah, I got him locally hoping for the same thing.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So I just transformed mine no hassles, but its clear the ratchet on the known troubled side is gonna fail, it doesn't sit in the same position as the other, and when it rotates it sorta gets stuck half way until the movement is completed.

I could go the c-clip fix but I'm tempted to use the dishwashing liquid trick but tell me, wouldn't that dry up sometime, how safe is it?

I just want an easy fix, and unlike trypticon I can't just ram a bit of plastic to gum up the ratchets

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    So I just transformed mine no hassles, but its clear the ratchet on the known troubled side is gonna fail, it doesn't sit in the same position as the other, and when it rotates it sorta gets stuck half way until the movement is completed.

I could go the c-clip fix but I'm tempted to use the dishwashing liquid trick but tell me, wouldn't that dry up sometime, how safe is it?

I just want an easy fix, and unlike trypticon I can't just ram a bit of plastic to gum up the ratchets
    The long term problem with dishwashing liquid is that it would go sticky and then you get all manner of dust and whatever sticking to it and while it is pretty unlikely, it could go mouldy. I'd go the silicone grease.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    The long term problem with dishwashing liquid is that it would go sticky and then you get all manner of dust and whatever sticking to it and while it is pretty unlikely, it could go mouldy. I'd go the silicone grease.
    Aww, ok, better break out the wallet and hope someone at the local super cheap can point me out

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    Aww, ok, better break out the wallet and hope someone at the local super cheap can point me out
    Just pay online and pick it up at the front desk of your local -- that way you can sign up to use the Club Plus credit and get 2.10% back with Cashrewards.