Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: MP39 is... Sunstreaker!

Megatran Guest

I'm gonna pass

.... out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    If you keep Tigertrack and get a red Sunstreaker redeco - you know they'll do one eventually, possibly/probably a police deco as well - then you'd have the purportedly planned versions as well.

Anyway, for my part I'm quite happy with my CHUG Sideswipe/Sunstreaker combo, but I'd be interested in getting/repurposing it if they do it in red. Apparently the red Diaclone pre-Sunstreaker was the first transforming robot-to-car toy ever designed so I'd quite like an homage to that for the Odieverse.

On a different note, what do people think are the chances of that dinky little gun he has being able to mimic the missiles/gun-hand thing from the G1 toy? It looks pretty similar to G1 Sunstreaker's hand-missile-blaster thingies, and depending on the transformation there could be a way of attaching it to his wrists. It seems like the kind of throwback/homage-y option TakaraTomy often likes to include in MPs IMO...
    I didn't notice the missile was missing - hopefully they do find a way to put one in despite it not being "show accurate" given the other toy/show accessories previous releases have been getting.

I think a red Sunstreaker Spin-Out will happen, even if they don't use the name "Spin-Out". I wondered if they make it a "her" but they've already done one Red Diaclone version as female transformer so that'd be a bit repetitive.

I suspect the Police Deco will get a run too but maybe as an exclusive.

I like the cartoon accuracy they are going for in the new MP trend, but I imagine he'd look a bit out of place next to his brother, especially the head sculpt.

Ah what the heck Takara bring on MP 3.0 and I'd still buy them all

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I think a red Sunstreaker Spin-Out will happen, even if they don't use the name "Spin-Out". I wondered if they make it a "her" but they've already done one Red Diaclone version as female transformer so that'd be a bit repetitive.

I suspect the Police Deco will get a run too but maybe as an exclusive.
    Now those I'm gonna get
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

wow looks great! and colour prototype im guessing means it is fairly far into the process?

The only thing I don't like is the yellow spoiler. In the cartoon it was silver like the G1 toy. An odd oversight considering how well the MP series usually does at replicating their animated look.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Might be due to Lamborghini decision lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    An odd oversight considering how well the MP series usually does at replicating their animated look.
    I suspect that it might be a stipulation by Lamborghini as part of their licensing agreement. I believe this is why the bonnet forms a big flap behind the lower back/buttocks as I've heard that Lamborghini didn't want the bonnet to split. I wonder if TakaraTOMY would be able to circumvent this by including chrome stickers to be applied to the spoiler (similar to how they circumvented the Red Cross trademark with their stickers for MP Ratchet). <shrugs>

We could well get a chrome spoiler as an optional accessory or exclusive bonus.

The Little Toy Company said they will be looking at stocking the Takara MP line going forward (as well as additional unlicensed lines).
    Which brings us to where we are today...

God dammit HLJ, please put up your preorder for him. I MUST HAZ!!!