Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: MP39 is... Sunstreaker!

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I didn't notice the missile was missing - hopefully they do find a way to put one in despite it not being "show accurate" given the other toy/show accessories previous releases have been getting.
    What do you mean it isn't show accurate: https://youtu.be/A1NO_CE268Y?t=6m47s

And people thought it the MP line was coming to an end because Megs was the last one to be announced in a while. Just have to be patient, more are coming woohooo

Quote Originally Posted by aching878 View Post
    It actually mentions it the article early June is tentative date for when the reveal announcement of price & when it's on sale

Oppose to preorder opens in early June
    Okay, thanks. That's when the Tokyo Toy Show will be on. Hopefully we get more MP Dinobot progress as well.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

As a non-Masterpiece collector, I must say I'm pretty damn keen on this!
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

In addition to the obvious red pre-Transformers repaint I bet at some point we get a toy accurate head. I actually think of the wings on his toy head when I picture him in my mind, not the cartoon head wings.

Also for people that are worried about the yellow rear wing, I'm sure reprolabels will make a chrome sticker you can slap on.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the reason Sunstreaker has a stock Countach mode is just to satisfy the terms of the Lamborghini licence.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    What do you mean it isn't show accurate: https://youtu.be/A1NO_CE268Y?t=6m47s
    It's funny, if there was an MP Brawn I would insist it had the drill because of that scene, but that Sunstreaker fired a missile in the same part hasn't stayed in my memory banks. I guess because it's not on the animation model I thought it was totally neglected and I think of missile hand being the toy's thing because of the box art (and its reuse).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The black struts are there, it's just that the spoiler is yellow. And as Magnus and I have both mentioned before, it's likely to do with a condition of licensing with Lamborghini. The clear scans provided in the link by FatalityPitt confirms that this toy does have a licensed vehicle mode.

The trademarks copyrights and design rights in and associated with Lamborghini, Lamborghini with Bull and Shield Device, are used under licence from Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A.
    Lamborghini's influence is confirmed in a translation of the design team interview page:

With the development of this Masterpiece, Lamborghini was very vocal in the lead for alt mode design cues, which is the opposite way to tackle a design such as Sunstreaker, however, we have a relationship where were able to add alt mode styling, gimmicks, and a cartoon likeness.
    There was also a desire to maintain that accuracy to the original Countach because MP Sideswipe also appealed to car enthusiasts:

The popularity of MP 12 Lambor was a success amongst not only Transformers fans but also car enthusiasts. We decided we could not completely ignore the desires and wishes of the car enthusiasts.

I wanted to present Sunstreaker as a product that Countach fans would recognize while taking advantage of his animation styling.
    As I posted before, I'm glad they took this approach.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The taillights appear to be a permanent fixture which are covered up in the "Super Tuning" variant transformation.
    Yes, the toy was designed as capable of appearing as both stock and modded Countach without adding parts:

I tried to reproduce both the animation & real car alt mode design in a way were the transformation is incorporated instead of making him partsform.

Its a situation providing the best of both worlds, we even made the doors open.
    I'm not particularly attached to or a big fan of the Sunstreaker character, but this figure looks too interesting to pass up.

I was wondering why all of sudden used Badcube SunSurges were popping up for sale around the place, now I know, lol

Hasbro needs to release this with a PVC figurine of Bob.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus;

I'm not particularly attached to or a big fan of the Sunstreaker character, but this figure looks too interesting to pass up.
    Agreed. That interview sealed the deal for me. The thought that's gone into it from both TT and Lamborghini is appreciated.