Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Toynami 30th Anniversary Voltron

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Is this appearing in any jp online stores?

Nope, I think its just being done through the MADtoys site.

Well I hope so coz I just PAID for one

Annoying how paypal seems to store a poopload of old addresses for postage. I had some old ones from 10 years ago that I'd forgotten about. WTF? And one from America

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Oh and on that front, the guy kind of bags the MW V Voltron, but Taking into account that V Voltron is made of 15 parts, as opposed to L V's 5, I think it's still a pretty good effort.
    Lol for sure. It was a really good effort.
    The guys over at DX are a bunch of hypocrites.
    I watched them ooh and ahh over V Voltron when it was first anounced and they even had the guy who made it on thier silly show. They were all nice to him to his face. Then thier true colors show in this video where they bash it.
    kinda 2 faced if you ask me.
    But heaven forbid if you bash anything they like. They will ban you and start talking trash about you. They are men who are nothing but childish children in adult bodies, especially that adam jerk.

you may want to check out toyercity. The price is only $199 as apose to the $210 the OEM site has him for AND you still get the bonus items.

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    Lol for sure. It was a really good effort.
    The guys over at DX are a bunch of hypocrites.
    I watched them ooh and ahh over V Voltron when it was first anounced and they even had the guy who made it on thier silly show. They were all nice to him to his face. Then thier true colors show in this video where they bash it.
    kinda 2 faced if you ask me.
    But heaven forbid if you bash anything they like. They will ban you and start talking trash about you. They are men who are nothing but childish children in adult bodies, especially that adam jerk.

you may want to check out toyercity. The price is only $199 as apose to the $210 the OEM site has him for AND you still get the bonus items.
    I am a bit out of the loop, can you guys show me links for this? as in the hypocrites. lol

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I am a bit out of the loop, can you guys show me links for this? as in the hypocrites. lol
    I saw it in some youtube videos. When the MW VVoltron was in development they were all excited for it and went nuts on it. Had a guy with preview shots and the die cast parts to show off etc

Then in the MT Voltron Vid, they grab VVoltron, wiggle it about, say it looks a bit derpy next to the LVolton and ask MT to look into designing VVoltron again.

I think maybe the guy was a bit excited, but MW V is a good design. The fault kind of lies in VVoltron being so many pieces. Have a look at his waist piece alone and you can imagine how hard it would be to get joints in there, then add on the pressure of the small thigh piece. They have a lot of pressure to cope with when you move his legs around as they are plugged into the shins and hips and are fairly small.

It's a bit like comparing a combiner TF to a slight partsformer TF in a way I guess.

The guy who CollectionDX had on the show was the owner of a shop called ToyFreaks. He was claiming to be exclusive distributor in the states for Miracle's Voltron but in the end, Miracle claim they only met with him once, and he basically robbed them, since they sent him VV's to keep customers happy, but never saw any of the money. The ToyFreaks site disappeared a while back so presumably he's out of business.

I concur with Tets though - the VV is about as good as you could hope for, for a 15 vehicle combiner. Mine's one of the earlier releases that had some problems too. While they improved things with later runs, the internet would have you believe that the first release is a pile of shit, but there's really not a whole lot of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post

I concur with Tets though - the VV is about as good as you could hope for, for a 15 vehicle combiner. Mine's one of the earlier releases that had some problems too. While they improved things with later runs, the internet would have you believe that the first release is a pile of shit, but there's really not a whole lot of difference.
    Lucky I have the popy DX version then in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    The guy who CollectionDX had on the show was the owner of a shop called ToyFreaks. He was claiming to be exclusive distributor in the states for Miracle's Voltron but in the end, Miracle claim they only met with him once, and he basically robbed them, since they sent him VV's to keep customers happy, but never saw any of the money. The ToyFreaks site disappeared a while back so presumably he's out of business.

Wow. This I didn't know. What a horrible person.
    heck they all are horrible people.

Thanks for the info ktg. You really cant blame the figure. As you mentioned it is 15 vehicles.

Well, apparently some genius posted a link to the CDX review on WEPs Facebook page. Now Mad Toys web page is down and the rumour is that they may be in trouble. But we'll see.

Just when I was almost convinced to buy it too :-/
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Oh no! Gotta link?
    Your right, the site is completely gone. Even their FB page is gone.
    This is frustrating and annoying. Probably some rabid fan who couldnt stand that this was a superior version of the toy to the toynami version.