Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > Lego

Sightings/Sales

Old 23rd April 2018, 02:52 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent View Post
The Brick Show was pretty good. Damn hot in that pavilion and was a little overcrowded but was fun. Picked up a Heavy Haul Train for the little one. Heís a happy kid
Also forgot to mention that the wife ducked away for a bit and came back with a spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP!!!! 😀

She knows Iíve been after it for a while so that was a great surprise!
Old 25th April 2018, 11:27 AM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Also forgot to mention that the wife ducked away for a bit and came back with a spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP!!!! 😀

She knows Iíve been after it for a while so that was a great surprise!
Tops! Retail or aftermarket price?
Old 25th April 2018, 01:45 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Tops! Retail or aftermarket price?
A bit above retail but it is easily offset by the discount on the Heavy Haul Train. So overall it was a great day!
Old 25th April 2018, 05:39 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
A bit above retail but it is easily offset by the discount on the Heavy Haul Train. So overall it was a great day!
Well worth it.
Old 14th May 2018, 08:15 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

25% off Lego at Myer online currently.
Old 14th May 2018, 09:44 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
25% off Lego at Myer online currently.
Ah, that'll be why there isn't any Lego in their ebay store. No double dipping with the code i guess...
Old 19th May 2018, 02:48 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
A Lego Documentary is on SBS tonight at 7.30pm, for the hardcore lego fans... or people who want to learn a little more about this toy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
Saw that documentary yesterday and gee what an eye opener. Love how the Architecture series came into being. Love that Lego HQ learnt to listen to the fans and stopped being arrogant. Love the Rivendell display. Love the life-size Lego X-wing. Love the Lego museum art. Love that The Magic Portal movie is mentioned. And most of all I love how Lego is used to help autistic children.

There's just so much packed into this documentary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
Not sure if it's the same lego doco I saw some time ago with reference to One by Five. So typical nerdville.
I finally got around to watching it today... and it was really fun and informative. Definitely something to watch, even if you don't collect Lego, because the fandom has the same feel to what you get with Transformers, with the adult and kid fans, and their conventions and reasons for collecting.

I liked their coverage of the history of the Brand, and especially the coverage of their down-turn (and admitting that there were failures on their part - most companies would either omit their failures or blame others), leading to letting in the fans and their ideas, including the Architecture series, and employing fans as Master Builders and Designers, and obviously, the Cuusoo project.

The various fans they feature, and their fan-projects & conventions, is so relatable as a Transformers fan... and I miss those big Transformers fan conventions and interactions.

One guy that was featured was Nathan Sawaya, who's Lego art has travelled the world, including some time in Australia in around 2012, and in Singapore where I saw it in 2013 with a friend.

The acronyms were a bit much, but not surprising when you get fan groups starting with some necessary acronyms, and then getting competitively creative, and hoping that their new acronym sticks in the fandom.
That "one by five" label was news to me... both in it being a brick type that doesn't exist (I thought all combinations and sizes would have been produced at some point), and it being a label for "hot girls" who are fans (a derogatory term by fanboys... who probably aren't exactly Adonises either).

Last edited by griffin; 19th May 2018 at 03:09 PM.