Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro POTP Predaking official images

Default Hasbro POTP Predaking official images

A Singapore fangroup facebook page has managed to get their hands on some official images for the upcoming Power of the Primes Predaking boxset (no mention of where they got the images from).

The images are mirrored here, and some aren't exactly properly transformed... but you get a general idea of how awesome this set is going to be when it comes out later this year.

(the last few Titans were out first at the BigW mid-year sale in June, so I think we could end up seeing the same happen again this year)

Official pictures usually don't transform something correctly. But he does look nice

I've never done this whole midnight sale thing. I will for this, if needed.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I still feel off about buying this, the torso on the combined mode looks weak, the stickers in general, and its also a slight tad shorter than devastator, the worst and move unforgivable part are headstrong and tantrum's robot mode kibble, even takara pictures show it and doesn't look like it can stow away neatly (don't even think takara could fix that regardless without a total redesign

I forgave trypticon's size because he was a solid effort despite that, this just makes me question what's going on since this brand merger, its looking more like takara just saving money in general even though people were willing to pay for.

I hope reviews pop up before he's released here, I'd love me a predaking but not quite like this

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    *snip* the worst and move unforgivable part are headstrong and tantrum's robot mode kibble, even takara pictures show it and doesn't look like it can stow away neatly (don't even think takara could fix that regardless without a total redesign *snip*
    Headstrong and Tantrum Torox (wtf) look like they're out partying 80's style with a boombox on shoulder.

And they look as though they'd beefed up on serious weight in alt mode. Not in a good way.

Do we have any idea what this is going to cost?
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I'm really hoping that TakaraTomy do the same as they did with the Constructicons, and give the Predacons individual hand weapons and swords (and a big sword for Predaking)... but it doesn't look good if the entire POTP line so far are just identical releases to the Hasbro versions.

At the risk of being ostracized by the community, I find these to be a bit meh. Apart from articulation, I think the G1 figs (and combined mode) look way better.

These seem very blocky, and again PotP figs fail to deliver proper weapons too. I mean, what the hell guns have poor Headstrong and Tantrum been lumbered with? And to make it worse, they also have Predaking's thighs hanging off their backs.
    Disappointing.
    Still, I could be convinced depending on price...
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Headstrong and Tantrum Torox (wtf) look like they're out partying 80's style with a boombox on shoulder.
    This!!! LOL
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    At the risk of being ostracized by the community, I find these to be a bit meh. Apart from articulation, I think the G1 figs (and combined mode) look way better.
    Nah, I'm with you, I really like the Taktomy Titan class Devestator despite already having an unofficial Deveestator, and I really wanted to get behind this guy too, and put him on my MP shelf, but I just can't get behind this guy for the reported price anyway.

The beast modes look worse than the G1 toys, and I know they have made sacrifices for the combined mode, but I don't think the pay of in combined mode is enough to justify those brick beasts.