View Poll Results: POTP LEG Dinobot Slash - worth buying?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 73.68%
  • Only if (cheap or something else)

4 21.05%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not interested enough to get it

1 5.26%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - POTP LEG Dinobot Slash

Dino mode is a bit silly looking (arms too far apart, heard can't move down) and doesn't pose very well (not enough weight at the back) but isn't too bad, but robot mode is epic-slick, excellent articulation and good proportions + A+ head sculpt! I'm a big fan of her (even my beast-bots are in robot mode 80% of the time anyway)!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    Dino mode is a bit silly looking (arms too far apart, heard can't move down) and doesn't pose very well (not enough weight at the back) but isn't too bad, but robot mode is epic-slick, excellent articulation and good proportions + A+ head sculpt! I'm a big fan of her (even my beast-bots are in robot mode 80% of the time anyway)!
    Yeah the dino mode is a bit crap - a huge gap in the ribcage. Considering MP Dinobots flaws it makes you wonder why exactly toy designers have trouble designing raptor ribs

I too like her bot mode, but considering the quality of the rest of the wave, the rib issue makes her easily the weakest toy in Wave 1. Plus I was disappointed they introduced a new Dinobot in a toyline where the Dinobots now Combine and yet she doesn’t join into the gestalt with the rest of them - doesn’t seem fair on the poor lass - talk about excluding the new kid

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Yeah the dino mode is a bit crap - a huge gap in the ribcage. Considering MP Dinobots flaws it makes you wonder why exactly toy designers have trouble designing raptor ribs
    You're comparing a $275 aud figure to a $20 aud figure

I'm a bit surprised Hasbro skipped on the opportunity to make this combine in some form with the others, even if she just transformed into a weapon of some sort. For me, there's no incentive to pick this toy up.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    You're comparing a $275 aud figure to a $20 aud figure
    Yeah, I’m comparing because it’s odd there are two toys that have the same alt-mode with a similar flaw - the ribcage on the raptor mode looks crap. Why is that a roll-your-eyes worthy observation? If anything the difference in price and supposed quality makes it more noteworthy.

Two raptor toys released over a certain period - both have a similar issue. If every helicopter TF over a certain period had a problem with its rotor blades I’d comment on that too - no matter the difference in price range between toys.

This. Dino mode is questionable but bot mode is awesome! Fits in well as a new member of the Dinobots
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Trev, I at you because if they had gotten the ribs right I wonder what you'd complain about next.

Trev, I at you because if they had gotten the ribs right I wonder what you'd complain about next.
    Errrr.... ‘twas my only complaint about either toy. Actually I tell a lie there. I did also say the MP Dinobot was super expensive and it’s a shame Slash doesn’t combine.

All these sentiments have been echoed by numerous other members - I’m still failing to see why you have a problem with me pointing out the ribcage thing.

And to think, one of the most common criticisms I get on my blog is I’m not critical enough. Please don’t try to paint me as a Negative Nelly thank you.

Or, just spitballing wacky ideas here - since this a review thread of Slash, how about review her instead of me - could be worth a go eh

Then stop trying to paint Hasbro and Takara's designers as incompetent. They don't *just* make transformers.

Then stop trying to paint Hasbro and Takara's designers as incompetent. They don't *just* make transformers.
    What? I mean just…. what?!

How did we get to:
    stop trying to paint Hasbro and Takara's designers as incompetent.

Plus I was disappointed they introduced a new Dinobot in a toyline where the Dinobots now Combine and yet she doesn’t join into the gestalt with the rest of them
    These couple of comments equate to me painting all the designers as incompetent? You don’t think that might be stretching things a bit there?

Right. This is the LAST I am saying on the issue. If this just turns into a back-and-forth between us it’s going to ruin the thread for everyone else as well as take us even further away from its point which is to review Slash.

Others have said:
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Alt mode is cute and pretty decent for the size class, only you have to ignore the hole in her side... and the hand-ankles lol.
    Dino mode is a bit silly looking (arms too far apart, heard can't move down) and doesn't pose very well (not enough weight at the back) but isn't too bad
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I'm a bit surprised Hasbro skipped on the opportunity to make this combine in some form with the others, even if she just transformed into a weapon of some sort. For me, there's no incentive to pick this toy up.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    This. Dino mode is questionable but bot mode is awesome!
    So it’s not just me, others have noticed the flaw as well. And I did say I liked the bot mode.

As for painting the designers as incompetent, even in the last couple of days I have said:

SLUGSLINGER with Caliburst
    As can be expected with most Takara Tomy versions of Hasbro figures, Slugslinger comes with a rich vibrant painjob that looks fantastic. They really have done a marvellous job of making Slugslinger very G1 comic/cartoon accurate, right down to the shape of the legs, the chest adornments and the dual cockpits sticking up over his shoulders. The Headmaster figure looks great with a smooth rounded forehead, setting it apart from most ‘blockheads’.
    As Sluslinger transformers into dual-cockpit jet he does not even try to conform to earth standards. Once again, a great job of replicating (and dare I say improving) on the original toy design and concept. His Headmaster fits snugly and easily into the cockpit (a bit odd he already had two and they had to put in a 3rd) and Caliburst can be put under either wing. However I find that makes the alt-mode look off balance so I tend to place him on top of the jet like the G1 cartoon and toy.

Caliburst
    Wow – this little guy really makes me wish I had shelled out the extra money to get the Tak/Tom versions of the other TR Targemaster characters. Well proportioned, nicely coloured and lots of detail in the little face – very good!

Slugslinger is fantastic and as stated, really makes me wish I’d gone the Tak/Tom route with his compatriots. If you don’t have the Hasbro version go online and grab him – Caliburst makes it well worth the few extra bucks.

(regarding Overlord) I’ve never even touched the G1 toy (though by gods I’d love one!) and did not pick up the Titans Return Skyshadow or Overlord. I even bypassed the 3rd party Carnifex so this is my first time playing with both this character and this toy mould. I must say I am quite impressed all up! Sure the transformations are a tad simplistic but with a multitude of modes and two Headmasters this toy has a LOT of play value. If you have not picked up one of the aforementioned toys then I heartily recommend you give this figure a go – well worth both your money and your time.
    So I’m not painting them as incompetent. For the most part I love their work. I could give lots more examples but lets leave it there.

If you have any counterarguments regarding Slash then feel free to say:
    “In my opinion you are wrong about the ribcage being poor because…”
    “In my opinion you are wrong about the lack of her combining being a negative because….”

And I’ll listen and if you are persuasive enough perhaps even agree. But any more personal comments or commentary about my actions that are way off the mark will be ignored. I wont make personal comments about you or accuse you of doing things you are not, I'll thank you to show me the same respect. If you can't then I'll just pop you on my ignore list which I don't particularly wish to do. Just talk about the toy - simple.

Anyway, enough from me. I apologize for derailing everything everyone. Back to Slash.