Thread: Dinobot posing and chroming.

Default Dinobot posing and chroming.

I've noticed that if used right, chrome can have spectacular effect. When i recently received all the PoP dinobots I wanted to leave them as is. But Slug always looked a bit off to me with hat frill pressed right up against his shoulders. Was it part of his back or head?
    A quick google search pulled up G1 dinobot images and i realised how simple it would be to elevate the appearances of the dinobots, AKA permission to go a little nuts with chrome.
    Problem is its a bit hard to photograph, but it makes a huge difference.

I think Swoop and Slug benefitted the most from the chroming. This pose of swoop started out as an accident. I had just moved his wings that way to paint them, and realised it had a slight batman vibe once i reconnected his arms.

It's hard to see but Gridlock has his dino arms, teeth and the tip of his tail chromed, Sludge has his back and tail tip, Slug has his frill and highlights on his back, Slash has had her shoulders done and Snarl was the only one who didn't get any chrome.

Very simple addition, but I think it's very effective.

That looks absolutely AWESOME, Silverbolt. Well Done!

But you've got to tell us the secret - what paint product did you use that produced such chrome like finish?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Molotow Liquid Chrome. i got it from my local art shop.

I’ve been using a Molotow pen for some chrome highlights on recent customs and it’s pretty fantastic stuff and very easy to use. Not certain on how hard wearing it is though, or how it reacts to clear coating.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbolt View Post

I think Swoop and Slug benefitted the most from the chroming. This pose of swoop started out as an accident. I had just moved his wings that way to paint them, and realised it had a slight batman vibe once i reconnected his arms.
    I'm getting more of a Ru Paul vibe than Batman lol
    Nice work, I saw someone do this on TFW and it looks amazing!

Wow they look so much better with chrome! I've gotta get me one of those pens!

Great work man!

One of slash, show of those big chromed 80s shoulder pads. Im waiting for a silver foil symbol from toy hax to to compliment Slugs new chromed cheese

The chrome looks so good, I remember when I was doing model planes it was such a pain to get an even finish.
    These Dinobots are the most tempting release in a while for me.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)