Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Rangers

I remember buying quite a few Supertrain Zords and selling to americans for crazy $ back in ... 2002?

Think that was the last time I saw MMPR locally until Samurai turned up here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Agnew View Post
    Aside from the odd mix-and-match female Rangers exclusive to TRU, the last major release of ladies was back in the Operation Overdrive toyline.
    Oh I know, I have the OO team, and the SPD team and the Mystic Force Team. Essentially if I can get all five (Or Six, or sometimes Seven) rangers without having to resort to ebay I buy them on sight. I even have the big lump of Plastic that is Bandai USA's Drivemax Megazord.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Ok, thanks Accel (yay for Kamen Rider W) was considering getting the Samurai Megazord but I think I'd rather get Shinken-Oh since I'd like them to turn into Origami

and yeah, I heard goseiger wasnt very good (I watched like 2 episodes and got bored) but I’m thinking I'll give Power Rangers .... Angel Force? A chance
    No idea how the card gimmick will work in the west. we don't have the Dice-o machines so its almost useless lol. although if they give us the GoseiKnight morpher roleplay toy unchanged I will be all over that.

also Goseiger did have cool mecha. about the only thing going for it

bowspearer Guest

What I find interesting in this is the possible influence Captain Power might have had in Saban reduxing Sentai as Power Rangers for a Western Release, as Captain Power had aired a few years prior to the release of Power Rangers in Japan. FInding information on the Japanese release, including how well it was received, is proving somewhat difficult through a standard google search though.

bowspearer Guest

While I think of it, I managed to tracK down the Japanese openning to Captain Power, or what I'd class as it's "Sentai" openning:

Recently got the newest bots from Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger. They are really cool. I esspicially like Gojyujin. Very nice reference to older Sentai mecha.
    Here is a picture of mine.

VGM out...

Quote Originally Posted by blackoptimus View Post
    Does anyone here collect power ranger or morphers or power rangers stuff in general? zords
    When I was a teenager I had a poster of Amy Jo Johnson in my room... Does that count?
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    When I was a teenager I had a poster of Amy Jo Johnson in my room... Does that count?
    Power rangers its fapping time instead of Morphin time? :P

and wow VGM you are one of the very few people I have seen that did his shoulders right. almost every review I see has them pads folded down from the other modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Accel View Post
    Power rangers its fapping time instead of Morphin time? :P

and wow VGM you are one of the very few people I have seen that did his shoulders right. almost every review I see has them pads folded down from the other modes.
    Are you kidding me? Really? wow..Its says so in the instructions and its just make sence to have his shoulders like that. haha! people huh! They think they know, but they really dont. haha.

At the recent Parramatta Collector's Fair I was a little disheartened as one of the regular Sellers that we from Sydney like to deal with was not present and I had hoped to make a couple of purchases from him, so with that disappointment in mind when I came across this gem I almost jumped with utter delight both with the excitement of finding something at the fair that I was hoping to find but also for how much the seller was willing to part with it for.

The seller had initially had this as part of a complete 'Trio' for $150 and it was entirely complete, but to my astonishment he was willing to split the items up and was open to reasonable offers; to which the $70 he accepted for this item almost caused me to choke with glee as it was really more than reasonable but IMO a thorough steal!

On Sunday, the 22nd of November 2011, I acquired one of my personal Grails:
    • Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Carrier Zord - Titanus!

...Allowing me to finally obtain a toy that I've wanted ever since my childhood; for when Transformers was taking it's then perceived final breaths with Generation 2, Power Rangers was right there to pick up the slack with awesome Giant Robots and in this particular case:
    • Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers - The Ultra Megazord!

Now all I need to do is to try and acquire the missing bits and pieces from the 'base' Zords and purchase the rather more screen accurate ReproLabel's sticker sets and I'll be thoroughly content with my Power Rangers collection...

Maybe a White Tiger Zord too but we'll see.