Thread: Custom SDCC Voyager Optimus

Default Custom SDCC Voyager Optimus

Finally finished painting and stickering this guy up. For the price point, it still had a lot of Hasbro grey but at least it had more paint apps than the standard voyager version, including flames.

It's a great mold, and had the potential to be more screen accurate. Toyhax (Reprolabels) came to the rescue, along with my paint brush to bring his screen presence to life.

The blue cabin flames were a pain though, because the red background was designed for the standard Hasbro voyager and the SDCC version uses a different colour plastic. So I had to use the exacto knife to cut around the flame pieces before transferring them to the truck.

I have only just realised however that I missed painting the hood vents silver. Damn.

Very nice, you've picked out a lot of detail. I don't think I'd have the guts to customise an exclusive.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Your custom is hawt. Great work!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

The custom work is great and makes the toy look a lot better.

But I also need to comment on your backdrop which is also very well done! I was convinced you had taken those photos "on location" until I saw the paper's edge.

Cheers! BTW I've finished painting those hood vents now, so alt mode looks more accurate. I'm not game to paint the silver around the window trims though, my hands aren't steady enough!