Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RUMOUR - Generations CW Optimus Maximus and Cyclonus

Cyclonus does seem like a very random choice, but I wonder if it indicates a desire/decision on Hasbro's part to make all the redecos/retools in the CW line characters who were not previously combiners. That fits with Optimus Prime (okay, pretool) and the rumoured "Masquerade" redecos. If I'm right about that, though, it would mean Hot Spot will almost certainly not be getting retooled into Onslaught at some later point. However, the speculation about the Combaticons has always left me wondering why Hasbro would release another Bruticus so soon after the last one, other than the obvious synergy of CW.

It doesn't fit with Slingshot and Wildrider at all, but those seem kind of odd in the first place. They might be exclusives, or could be false rumours after all (heck, all the rumours could be false). Another possibility is that they have decided to expand the line this year unexpectedly and there's more to come than we thought.

At least there's less than two weeks until Toy Fair, and hopefully we'll find out.

hmm, cyclonus is a pretty odd choice for a silverbolt repaint, but whatever, chances are I won't be getting it, but I hope it looks cool.
    Based on the pic it looks like it's his G1 design not his IDW/MTMTE design

I got that smartphone game where the Cyclo-bolt pic comes from,

all the playable characters are in their CHUG designs, with a large focus on recent genereations toys, there are however a few oddities,

On top of the already seen Cyclonus remold of Silver bolt
    Joyride: G1 Design? New Toy? Almost looks like he could be a 2014 Generations Voyager Roadbuster Remold, but the Roadbuster model in game looks different to that. possibly even an Energon Cliffjumper/Beachcomber repaint. not sure what to make of it
    Viper: CW Legends Powerglide Repaint
    Octane: it could just be his Universe design but it looks a little too simple for that

Wasn't there some news about CW continuing for another year? Its not really confirmed yet though is it, as we only just started this year but if its successful there are future plans. No doubt a rumored Cyclonus and Optimus Maximus will present some strange releases into the future.
    With Cyclonus what if they go with a targetmaster theme, having Scourge, Misfire, Triggerhappy and Slugslinger as the limbs. Could be retools of the aerialbots. Would seem forced maybe, but remember Ruination with the Wreckers from the war for cybertron combaticon molds.

Optimus Maximus I really have no idea, but maybe they chose this name just to milk Optimus Prime some more but maybe its actually meant to be someone else. The Bio might reveal something. Bruticus may end up seeing a release, but perhaps as a boxset release only, with repaints and retools.

Re Cyclonus I'm interested to see (assuming it is a Silverbolt repaint) how much retooling happens - Leader TC and Dlx IDW Chromia recently demonstrate that they're willing to put a bit more effort in than new head and a new gun.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I'd be disappointed if Silverbolt didn't get a purple repaint

I'll skip both of these. I hoped we were done with white repaints of Prime. If Cyclonus doesn't look more MTMTY than my Henkei figure it sure isn't going in my collection.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Re Cyclonus I'm interested to see (assuming it is a Silverbolt repaint) how much retooling happens - Leader TC and Dlx IDW Chromia recently demonstrate that they're willing to put a bit more effort in than new head and a new gun.
    If the art is any indication, it looks to be a pretty heavy retool.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

On the one hand, I'd be all up for a new Cyclonus. The Deluxe is great in robot mode, alright-ish in alt-mode, but I'm quite a fan of the character and he really should be bigger.
    On the other, I'm not sure that a Silverbolt remold will do it, unless it's really extensive. Jet mode is by far CW Silverbolt's weakest.

Will wait and see, and hope for the best.