Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultimetal Ultramagnus

So you're a grown man and you're buying an action figure. So what.
    I really hate that type of thinking according to the "wife" in the previous post.

Id use it against her the next time she buys something expensive. This is our hobby. If the "wife" doesnt support you for having one then they are not worth being with.

Sure $800 on a figure is much but if you save up for it, its your money spend it the way you like. Would the "wife" rather you buy drugs for that $800?

I know that it was supposed to be funny but I really hate that type of thinking.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    That looks amazing!

I'd love to own that and OP but the price.... I considered it then read the following post
    by Sniper Gillespie Mike Fahey (found here):

"Yeeeaahhh this is totally awesome and I would really love to own it but here's how the conversation would go in my house:

Wife: Hun, what's this $800 charge on the credit card?
    Me: Oh that's the Optimus Prime I purchased. Here, check it out! Cool, huh?
    Wife: You spent $800 on a toy? A grown man spending $800 on a toy???
    Me: It's Optimus Prime, the leader of the Transformers.
    Wife: You mean its a toy.
    Me: *nervously* Its....Optimus Prime.
    Wife: You mean its a TOY. Let me ask you this: Is Optimus Prime, the leader of the Transformers going to pay our bills and put our son through college too? You're a grown man, are you not? This is a toy is it not?
    Me: Umm...yeah.
    Wife: Yeah. That' what I thought.

An hour later, I'm supposed to get all excited about a new Gucci purse she bought. "OMG. That's totally awesome!!! It even matches your outfit and everything! You know you should get a new jacket to go with it! Yay! Fashion! Woohoo. I have no balls!"

So as you can see, Optimus won't be visiting my home....haaaaa-rumpf."

Showed it to my wife and she laughed then gave me the look like "I'm laughing but it wouldn;t be funny if you even thought about buying it..."
    You summarised my exact same scenario and probably worse. In fact, don't say is $800, even $400 I am going to be burned real bad.

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    So you're a grown man and you're buying an action figure. So what.
    I really hate that type of thinking according to the "wife" in the previous post.

Id use it against her the next time she buys something expensive. This is our hobby. If the "wife" doesnt support you for having one then they are not worth being with.

Sure $800 on a figure is much but if you save up for it, its your money spend it the way you like. Would the "wife" rather you buy drugs for that $800?

I know that it was supposed to be funny but I really hate that type of thinking.

Though I can agree with you, it just doesn't work that way. Lol
    Also my wife doesn't spend such amounts let alone even smaller amounts that does not equate to my most expensive toys I have.

If this is just a white reimage of Optimus I'm not a fan, but if it will have the proper outfitting as displayed in the poster behind it, it will be AWESOME!

I wanted to get Ultimetal Prime but all the pre-sales of him here in HK sold out (his presale price was HK$4500). I haven't seen or heard of anyone who has actually received theirs though and the posters are still up here advertising it as coming soon.

Having said that, if I threw down that kind of money on one Optimus my HUSBAND would probably go nuts at me. There's a HK$8000 Optimus I would LOVE to get over in In's Point... he wasn't amused when I showed it to him (although he knew I was showing him in jest rather than seriously NEEDING to buy it). He appreciates my obsession, but he doesn't think I should spend more than AU$150-$200 for the high end stuff (and I only have a yearly budget for my TF purchases that Ultimetal would eat into significantly). There is also the issue of where I would put such a beauty given we live in a shoebox apartment... dreams are free though right?

I have known people who bought such expensive toys and hide it. They didn't even have a chance to open them even though they were not misb collectors.

Life is a compromise sometimes, have to say I wasn't ready for some. But if your husband or wife allow you to get some of the toys, is good enough.
    Very hard to say wow and not having one.

I won't get this piece being it doesn't transform .
    It's a nice piece, would have to see with everything on to be honest otherwise mp Magnus still wins.
    Last edited by drifand; 7th February 2015 at 09:58 PM.

Looks interesting. I'm guessing that some of the 'white Prime' armour pieces come off and the Ultra Magnus armour fits on directly over the skeleton - surely it would be too heavy otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    That looks amazing!

I'd love to own that and OP but the price.... I considered it then read the following post
    by Sniper Gillespie Mike Fahey (found here):

"Yeeeaahhh this is totally awesome and I would really love to own it but here's how the conversation would go in my house:

Wife: Hun, what's this $800 charge on the credit card?
    Me: Oh that's the Optimus Prime I purchased. Here, check it out! Cool, huh?
    Wife: You spent $800 on a toy? A grown man spending $800 on a toy???
    Me: It's Optimus Prime, the leader of the Transformers.
    Wife: You mean its a toy.
    Me: *nervously* Its....Optimus Prime.
    Wife: You mean its a TOY. Let me ask you this: Is Optimus Prime, the leader of the Transformers going to pay our bills and put our son through college too? You're a grown man, are you not? This is a toy is it not?
    Me: Umm...yeah.
    Wife: Yeah. That' what I thought.

An hour later, I'm supposed to get all excited about a new Gucci purse she bought. "OMG. That's totally awesome!!! It even matches your outfit and everything! You know you should get a new jacket to go with it! Yay! Fashion! Woohoo. I have no balls!"

So as you can see, Optimus won't be visiting my home....haaaaa-rumpf."

Showed it to my wife and she laughed then gave me the look like "I'm laughing but it wouldn;t be funny if you even thought about buying it..."
    You're obviously not a Hot Toys collector then eh?

If this indeed has a full set of magnus armour, that would look incredible in real life and be absolutely massive.

I swear if I win the lottery, I'll be jumping on both of these (because then i'll be able to afford a house with a collection room and enough space to display these suckas), If I don't then I won't.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)