Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RUMOUR - Generations CW Optimus Maximus and Cyclonus

Default RUMOUR - Generations CW Optimus Maximus and Cyclonus

Database info find from TFW2005 member Mr. Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by TFW2005

Even more rumors have arrived! TFW2005 boards member Mr. Chaos reports that his friend had gone digging through a list of items in the product information database at his store (a large supercenter), and came across some new Generations Combiner Wars figure names.

First off, it appears as though we will be getting a Voyager Cyclonus! It seems he will be the wave-mate of Protectobot Hot Spot, as both have similar coding (Hot Spot is B2397, and Cyclonus is B2398), and are one digit off in UPC (Hot Spot is 63050929832, and Cyclonus is 63050929833). Secondly, the previously-reported white Voyager Optimus Prime redeco will be named Optimus Maximus, and will be in wave 4 (his code is B2727, with the UPC 63050932502).
    Which brings us to where we are today...

If that's the case, my guesses were right off the mark. But Optimus Maximus now? Surely that's got to be a new character - he has Ultra Magnus/Nova's colouring but looks like Prime. How strange.

Whaaaa, MTMTE Cyclonus?!

...as a combiner. Hmm, I guess he won't look much like the comic. Still, could be cool.

Down the thread at TFW2005, the new smartphone game has a Cyclonus that's assumed to be a Silverbolt repaint.

Interesing...

Cyclonus, I can skip. Finally, something I can skip. I'll be skipping the white prime (unless the individual robot is somehow Thunderclash), Rodimus, Viper and possibly Skywarp.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Down the thread at TFW2005, the new smartphone game has a Cyclonus that's assumed to be a Silverbolt repaint.
    That rubs me the wrong way. I know they probably have a requirement of at least two decos of each mode, but that is so forced, it spoils the classic character of Cyclonus being a cybertronian fighter jet... not an earthen passenger plane.

I guess it opens it up for a possible Decepticon Seeker combiner... either with the Air Raid mould used four times, or the Firefly and Skydive mould used for a seeker each (if Cyclonus is a whole new alt-mode, why not a Seeker or two with a whole new alt-mode... after all, the Leader Thundercracker is more of an F-14 instead of F-15 of the Gen1 toy).

Hang on... I just checked the GEN DLX Air Raid toy images, and it's been changed to a swing-wing F-14 as well.
    The Gen1 Air Raid was F-15 like the Seeker jets, which would have made it a possible successor of the old Classics Seeker Deluxe mould... throw in the fact that the Legends Seeker mould is a mostly F-22 (Raptor) design, and the Leader Thundercracker is a mostly F-14, for some reason Hasbro is staying away from the F-15 design now.

That kinda puts a hole in my Decepticon Jet combiner theory... unless Hasbro are now giving the Seeker Jets the F-14 design to give them even more redeco options. If it wasn't enough that the F-15 design could squeeze out 31 different decos/remoulds from the Classics mould (and at least 20 from the Gen1 mould), now it allows an extra two toys from future F-14 Seeker moulds - Jetfire and Air Raid. Excessive milking much?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Excessive milking much?
    I believe it was Spider-Man who said "With great parsimony comes great reuseability".

Besides, since Motormaster is supposed to be a pretty poor Menasor torso maybe Cyclonus would be a good stand-in.

That Cyclonus seems to be a significant retool based on the game art...

New wings, could be a new front section of the jet...

Still unconvinced, but will reserve judgement until I see a shot of the actual figure.

Depending on design/deco, I *might* skip the last Autobot wave, as I already have representations of each character. Looking forward to Defensor though.

If Cyclonus is from the Silverbolt toy... it would be a very tricky thing to swap out enough parts like wings to look more like Gen1 Cyclonus, because of how many parts on the Silverbolt toy have to line up in the three modes to lock tabs into slots.