Page 72 of 154 FirstFirst ... 526267686970717273747576778292 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    http://www.bricklink.com/browseList....String=746.760

The link displays all the individual figures, but click on any one of them and you'll find sellers who have complete sets as well individual figures for sale.
    I don't get it. I clicked each of the first 6 figures, sorted by Highest Price, and each listing seemed to only be the one figure, never for more than A$12ish. I can't seem to find the lots.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I don't get it. I clicked each of the first 6 figures, sorted by Highest Price, and each listing seemed to only be the one figure, never for more than A$12ish. I can't seem to find the lots.
    Paste 4614586 into the search engine and search by best price. Once you get past the people selling the empty boxes, you have your targets.

That's a bit better, but that's only for boxes of 60 sealed ones. I got the impression from Fungal's post that I could get a set of the 16 for A$48.

If it makes you feel better jay, I have been using bricklink for the past 4 months and I can't figure out how to find these sets of 16 either. Though I am tempted to get a case. - feeling for the 6 figures I want in series 4 is annoying me this time around.

I might be wrong but bricklink really isn't really built to sell 'random' lots of things because it is built around a parts database. Your best bet is to try to find a single seller who has all 16 individually in stock at a decent price+shipping. It's a pain but thats what bricklink is all about

Another counterpoint is anybody selling sets of 16 (from a box of 60) are going to be left with 12 loose minifigures which they are going to have to somehow sell off to turn a decent profit. It's far less risky and easier to sell a whole box and let the customer deal with the overs.

If you set up an account you can add items to your own wanted lists.
    I have a collectable minifigure list. I just added each of the individual figures to the list.

You create the list. Add the sets to it. Then in the "Wanted" section you click "by shop" and it will list the shops that have the items on the list. You can tell it to sort by the number of items on the list it has.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Ok, with GP's help, I've worked out this cumbersome, behemoth of a website. With great power comes terrible usability.

Rather than making a want list of the figs by themselves, I've chosen the figs as "sets", meaning that you get the black plate they stand on, plus instructions, etc. Doing as such, the best price I can get for those from one seller is Ash's Extras for US$56 before shipping. That's about US$3.50 before shipping. Next best was Rolling BrickStone at US$59. I can't seem to generate shipping quotes without committing to an order. Is this another area I'm just not getting it?

For series 3, I paid A$3.55 ea. at Myer, so I'll likely just stick with retail like I did last time. I'll just buy a truckload, feel them out at home, and return the ones I don't want.

Ok, with GP's help, I've worked out this cumbersome, behemoth of a website. With great power comes terrible usability.

Rather than making a want list of the figs by themselves, I've chosen the figs as "sets", meaning that you get the black plate they stand on, plus instructions, etc. Doing as such, the best price I can get for those from one seller is Ash's Extras for US$56 before shipping. That's about US$3.50 before shipping. Next best was Rolling BrickStone at US$59. I can't seem to generate shipping quotes without committing to an order. Is this another area I'm just not getting it?

For series 3, I paid A$3.55 ea. at Myer, so I'll likely just stick with retail like I did last time. I'll just buy a truckload, feel them out at home, and return the ones I don't want.

Theres a splash page or 'store rules' tab at the top of each shop's homepage. They usually contain shipping information/guides. But your official shipping quote comes by email after you've committed to an order. Be aware though, some "big business" shops will take the order submission as commitment to an order and not allow you to bail on the order just because you don't agree with the shipping. Most shops however go by the sensible rule of contract upon payment.

As you've discovered, if you're not willing to buy a whole box the choices on bricklink aren't very competitive at all.

Try ChromeBricks.
    They only have 15/16 of the minifigures, but they are EUR 32.87 (~AU $45.26) before shipping and based on the weight and postage info on the splash page, it would only be EUR11 (~AU15.14)extr a for postage.

Works out to be just over $4 a figure. If you can't wait for a sale at Myer it would be worth a shot. Don't know how long until we get Wave 4. At least around me, I see a lot of Wave 3 at a lot of shops.
    Target City had tones of them last time I was there.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Yeah, thanks for all your help everyone, but I'll just stick to retail.