Page 756 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 736746751752753754755756757758759760761766776 ... LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,560 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Nice photos Griff.

I'm surprised to see Hasbro TF's for sale in Japan. How do the Japanese view Hasbro? I would have guessed that there is no market for them in Japan.

Outside Japan if you put two MISB TF's on ebay, one a Hasbro figure and the other the Takara version of the same figure, the Takara version will sell for more 99% of the time.

Is it the same in Japan or is Hasbro more valuable to them because it's not the local release?

Thanks for your input Gok, Ode and Griff.

It seems like there is a market for unlicensed third-party stuff in Japan, but it's not as widely accepted.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

DELTAprime: Those images are from special collectable stores. You won't find Hasbro Transformers in Japan in regular stores, unless it's been expressly imported by TakaraTOMY. And the same thing happens in Australia; we have specialty import stores here that stock Japanese Transformers, but we rarely see them in regular stores unless it's a special import from Hasbro AU (e.g. MP Ultra Magnus, MP Convoy Perfect Ed., MP Ghost Starscream, Jetwing Optimus Prime, Encore Sky Lynx etc.).

And yeah, in Japan, Hasbro-exclusive Transformers are seen as being far more exotic since they never had them. The first time that I had a Japanese TF collector see my collection, he kept on marvelling at toys like Doubleheader and Quake! I've personally witnessed a Japanese TF fan walk into the room of an Australian TF collector and completely ignore Japanese G1 stuff like Lio Kaiser, Road Caesar, Landcross etc. and make a direct bee line for stuff like the Triggerbots, 1989 Pretenders, 1989 Targetmasters etc.!

Funny how that works, isn't it? Here i am salivating over a Victory Leo and the Japanese fans are just meh about it

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The first time that I had a Japanese TF collector see my collection, he kept on marvelling at toys like Doubleheader and Quake! I've personally witnessed a Japanese TF fan walk into the room of an Australian TF collector and completely ignore Japanese G1 stuff like Lio Kaiser, Road Caesar, Landcross etc. and make a direct bee line for stuff like the Triggerbots, 1989 Pretenders, 1989 Targetmasters etc.!
    Wow, thats hilarious.

As for a question about a Takara only TF. I'm still slowly completing the cast of TFA. I just remembered that the Takara only Wingblade (not Windblade) Optimus Prime exist. Is there anything super breakable I should look out for on him given that he's made from clear plastic?

Megatran Guest

Does anyone know if there will be a Megatron Evolutions 2-pack? Surely a character of such significance deserves his place in this toy line.

Wondering if anyone knows how many MP Prowls TRU Aust got because my local has restocked 20 of them whereas MP Sunstorm and Grimlock is very limited.

I know the quantities TRU got for Sunstorm and Grimlock so wanted to see whether it's just Prowl is very unpopular due to the overpriceness or TRU got heaps of Prowl.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Quote Originally Posted by christalcase View Post
    Wondering if anyone knows how many MP Prowls TRU Aust got because my local has restocked 20 of them whereas MP Sunstorm and Grimlock is very limited.

I know the quantities TRU got for Sunstorm and Grimlock so wanted to see whether it's just Prowl is very unpopular due to the overpriceness or TRU got heaps of Prowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Does anyone know if there will be a Megatron Evolutions 2-pack? Surely a character of such significance deserves his place in this toy line.
    Since Megatron was a dismembered head in Age of Extinction, it would be something like Legends gun Megatron with Megatron Megabolt. If the Evolutions line continues after AOE, a Megatron set might happen, but don't hold your breath. There's still the Japanese Chronicle set though, which is a better pair of toys than an Evolutions one would ever be.

A question for anybody who has bought from Entertainmentearth.com
    Did you receive an email requesting your personal & credit card details faxed/emailed through back to them? i preordered this yesterday, entered all of the relevant details & received an email today asking me submit it along with a signature all over again i haven't sent anything through yet as it seemed a bit odd