Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: WFC Siege toys now out in Australia

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Toyword had Siege Optimus and Megatron today...

Also, they had new PotP figures (including Snarl, Moonracer and Blackwing)...

I ended up ordering Novastar from ebay. Need another Blackwing for my Galvatronus combiner.

I just scanned a deluxe barcode at Kmart and it showed up at $29, while target was $34. Seems that Kmart has learnt their lesson within generations

That's pretty good pricing though, considering that the Deluxes are boxed instead of on card... and that the US RRP is now up to US$20 (that's almost AU$30, but we are usually about double their price, which is why most places here are now mid-30s to 40 dollars, and it costs more than AU$29 to import them from most US sources).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That's pretty good pricing though, considering that the Deluxes are boxed instead of on card... and that the US RRP is now up to US$20 (that's almost AU$30, but we are usually about double their price, which is why most places here are now mid-30s to 40 dollars, and it costs more than AU$29 to import them from most US sources).
    I'm not surprised if it does cost more to import them, but I feel like they were likely underwhelmed by the sales last year. When they did reduce them to $29, they went at a much quicker pace. I can only guess that they have determined that by only charging 29 they can offset the costs thanks to other products they sell. Of course I admit I don't know a whole lot about retail, But it at least seems plausible to me.

I'm still waiting for the SIEGE major toys of the first wave to come out near where I live.

Big W got the Rescue Micromasters, Pteraxadon and Soundwave's cassettes, but that is it so far.

I searched all the major retailer websites (Big W, Kmart, Target), none of them had a listing for these products.

At the moment, I want Sixgun, Roadhandler and Swindler from wave 1.
    I might also get Brunt and Cog.

The single most important item I am looking forward to is Jetfire.
    I've always wanted a comic accurate Jetfire toy and he's the only good one I've ever seen.

I'm still undecided about Omega Supreme.
    When he was announced, I was quite excited, but then I discovered he was scale incompatible with my collection.

I'm hoping they add a proper Sky Lynx to the SIEGE line at some point.
    Ideally a large one who can split into Dinobird and Lynx modes.
    The Combiner Wars version was a disappointment because he cannot do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post

I'm still undecided about Omega Supreme.
    When he was announced, I was quite excited, but then I discovered he was scale incompatible with my collection.
    You mean the rest of your collection is wrong because they don't scale with Omega

Well, that’s the thing I cannot make sense of.
    I only have two Combiners so far, Victorion and Volcanicus, but they adhere to a specific scale setting, e.g: the limbs are the same size, and so are the Cores.

All the other toys from the various lines also adhere to this standard, regardless of which line they are from (Robots in Disguise, Takara Tomy Arcee).

So I assumed someone at Hasbro and Takara Tomy was setting official size limits for scaling purposes.

Which makes Siege Omega Supreme and Combiner Wars Devastator the odd ones out, as they aren’t set to this standard.
    To be honest, I just think they wanted to charge a Titan class price for Omega Supreme, so scaled him up for that reason only.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Going all Voyager for the Constructicons allowed the to have a Devastator that could double as a poor man's Masterpiece.

One of the members sent me a photo of wave 2 deluxe Siege being unboxed at a target store... so its probably best to grab any wave 1 you see at places like amazon because it doesn't look like we are going to see them at the national stores.