Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: WFC Siege Omega Supreme, Jetfire, Mirage, Impactor

All up for preorder at BBTS if interested.

bowspearer Guest

Anyone else getting the feeling that Warden took an approach to Skyfire that when you strip away the COMBAT gimmick, it's essentially a scaled down and stripped down Masterpiece figure?

It's not just things like the flappable insignia, it's things like the movable hands with retractable weapon port and spring loaded doors hiding robot kibble.

It feels like a love letter to fans and I can't wait to get one in my hot little hands.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Anyone else getting the feeling that Warden took an approach to Skyfire that when you strip away the COMBAT gimmick, it's essentially a scaled down and stripped down Masterpiece figure?
    That's what I was thinking when watching the video. It's not evident in the still pictures, but the hands and the springloaded doors feel like a masterpiece design. I had resisted the temptation to buy a third party masterpiece scale, and so glad that I did. Jetfire will be one of those toys I buy online with courier shipping, just to have him in my hands No stress or worries about whether we will see it at retail, or chasing him in empty stores
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    That's what I was thinking when watching the video. It's not evident in the still pictures, but the hands and the springloaded doors feel like a masterpiece design. I had resisted the temptation to buy a third party masterpiece scale, and so glad that I did. Jetfire will be one of those toys I buy online with courier shipping, just to have him in my hands No stress or worries about whether we will see it at retail, or chasing him in empty stores
    I'm not sure that will be necessary - I think we'll see it out here at $120RRP-$150 max.

FatalityPitt Guest

It's not just things like the flappable insignia, it's things like the movable hands with retractable weapon port and spring loaded doors hiding robot kibble.
    I think it's a bit more than a Masterpiece. Whenever I see it, I think to myself "it's got everything. It's the only Jetfire a fan would ever need". It's cartoon accurate but you can achieve the 1985 toy-accurate look by slapping on the armour/accessories (not like some Takara Masterpieces where they release the toy accurate version first, then later release the cartoon accurate version as a separate toy that's more expensive than the initial release). It's got some cool Easter eggs like the flipping Decepticon symbol. The scale is right when placed next to other figures. I like it.

Besides Jetfire, Smashdown looks pretty interesting. I don't think we've had an Autobot Minotaur before, unless anyone knows of one?

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    I think it's a bit more than a Masterpiece. Whenever I see it, I think to myself "it's got everything. It's the only Jetfire a fan would ever need".
    Not quite; I think it's about half the size it needs to be to be in MP scale. That aside, it's without a doubt the definitive Skyfire figure to date.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Besides Jetfire, Smashdown looks pretty interesting. I don't think we've had an Autobot Minotaur before, unless anyone knows of one?
    Not unless you count Longhorn. Nah, but you're right, this is a first.
    Now if only they'd do a chicken and bus!

Video with john warden at toy fair 2019 about Omega Supreme and Jetfire
    https://tformers.com/toy-fair-2019-j...4777/news.html
    From Source:TFormers.com who posted from unicron.com
    (Scroll down for video)

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I didn't realise how big Jetfire is going to be - he is going to be massive!

Makes you realise how much we need a leader-class Broadside and Sky Lynx. I liked the figures that each of them got in recent years, but was disappointed with the scale. Both characters are way too big to be Voyagers.
    Sorry - Commander class - since apparently they’ve created a whole new class just for Jetfire

Not quite; I think it's about half the size it needs to be to be in MP scale. That aside, it's without a doubt the definitive Skyfire figure to date.
    If we go by the size of FT Phoenix (14 inches tall) Siege Jetfire (who I've read is about 11 inches tall) is 3-4 inches short of being the right height to be a MP Skyfire.
    However some people say Phoenix is a little too tall so for them the Siege toy might be just the bot to serve as a stand in on their MP shelf.