Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: TFs-Ghostbusters crossover toy Ectotron

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    *snip* at least the execution is better than those old Star Wars TF's.
    True but car alt mode Transformers are dime a dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    And after being convinced by the fine people here that his name should be Ecto-1... people work out that it could actually be Ectotron. sigh...
    Well, it should be. Not our fault we got confused if:

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    On the front where their primary function was usually written was 'Electron' and where their name was usually written was 'Ecto-1'. Yet on the tech-spec on the back where the name was usually written was 'Electron'.
    Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Maybe Hasbro forgot how G1 packaging worked?

I had a thought Ectotron was a subgroup & imagined other movie cars as members, until I saw the comic image.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    this is starting to feel a bit like a simple re-shell.
    Does that really matter if it does the job (which I'd argue it does)?

And it is not surprising to hear that IDW will do a crossover comic as well, of five issues, to be released at the time of the toy's release, starting in June.

An update to the comic announcement included a couple of promo images, one of which Kelpie posted up here a few days ago, with what might include the ghost Starscream... which would be one obvious choice for the classic Ghostbusters to be chasing after... I just think if this story is set in the 1980s, Starscream wouldn't be dead yet (unless they are referring to his post-Beast Wars appearance, and he has been floating around for a couple million years).

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post

When the Transformers pick up on a strange Cybertronian signal emanating from Earth, they travel to the planet only to discover that the threat waiting for them there is something that Venkman, Spengler, Stantz, and Zeddemore are perfectly suited to help them take on. The five-issue series will feature a variety of variant covers illustrated by Dan Schoening, Paulina Ganucheau, Nick Roche, and Alex Milne, and hits stores this June.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Does that really matter if it does the job (which I'd argue it does)?
    yes and no.
    it still looks good, especially in vehicle mode, and thinking about what it would look like from the back, all that stuff on the roof would look like a proton pack but I always prioritise a new mould in my purchasing and a third (albeit modified ) version of something is harder for me to get excited about when considering the transformation.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    yes and no.
    it still looks good, especially in vehicle mode, and thinking about what it would look like from the back, all that stuff on the roof would look like a proton pack but I always prioritise a new mould in my purchasing and a third (albeit modified ) version of something is harder for me to get excited about when considering the transformation.
    I agree, to a point.
    If it does turn out to be a combiner, and if it also turns out there are other '80s limbs to follow, then all will be forgiven.

From RK on FB

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

There's so much awesome in that picture!

... with what might include the ghost Starscream... which would be one obvious choice for the classic Ghostbusters to be chasing after... I just think if this story is set in the 1980s, Starscream wouldn't be dead yet (unless they are referring to his post-Beast Wars appearance, and he has been floating around for a couple million years).

Obviously, Ghost Starscream possessed DeLoreantron and went back to the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I agree, to a point.
    If it does turn out to be a combiner, and if it also turns out there are other '80s limbs to follow, then all will be forgiven.

I think the combiner ports are gone Plus, unless all 5 toys were owned by the same company I don't see Ecto-1 being a voyager and other properties being cool with deluxe figures.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose