Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Prime Wars: Part 3 Speculation

I'm sure many kids today will be impressed with Mainframe's alt mode.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I agree.<snip>
    I agree with your expanded view of agreeing with me.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    The Aerialbots were a wash because of this - three of the limbs were essentially the same figure (all four, if you're counting the UW release). Same goes with the Stunticons. I will concede that the Protectobots and Combaticons were at least insulated from this because of the variety of alt modes making up the team.
    I have no issues with the Aerialbots. I love them in fact. Even happy with Darkwing and Dreadwind. Also upset I didn't get Windsweeper.

I thought they did an amazing job of reusing the mould to get mostly unique looking bots pumped out.

I guess I don't care how something transforms, just that it looks good in both modes, so maybe that shortens your mileage on the figures?

Would it be better if they were all unique, sure. but apart from a different looking knee or chest plate, they are all going to need 4 limbs and turn into a jet. That said, it's funny, I was more upset with the reuse of Trigger happy for Missfire and Slugslinger... go figure. Maybe that's the G1 acceptance in me coming out for the Aerialbots in addition to thinking I'd never get a Darkwing/Dreadwind figure.

I'm sure many kids today will be impressed with Mainframe's alt mode.
    Who wouldn't be impressed. Wait, you saying he doesn't turn into a rocket car?

Fun fact about me: I always thought/pretended that Mainframe built and programmed Teletraan 1

snip
    Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    snip
    It is a fair point that the Aerialbots being samey was G1 accurate. I guess at the end of the day that doesn't really do anything for me, so it doesn't counterbalance being left with what I maintain are otherwise quite mundane figures.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.