Size/class - Voyager
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here – January 2019
    Approximate Retail Price - $50
    Approximate Size - 17cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-modes – Cybertronian tank
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Hardpoints for fireblasts (not included).
    Main Colours – grey, black
    Main Accessories – 1 sword/tank barrel, fusion cannon

I've mostly bought him to finally have a great Megatron to stand on a CHUG shelf with the seekers. The proportion and sculpt is pretty spot on to the G1 Megatron animation model - except for the big backpack and even that's not as bad as the wings on the original Classics Megatron.

He's not as poseable as Optimus though, and the transformation is a lot simpler too. And a bit frustrating. Felt like I was going to break something with the front treads and the front of the tank kept collapsing on me. When I got him to tank mode it didn't seem complete.

He'll be staying in robot mode for the most part.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Very disappointed in the transformation and alt mode of this one.

However as Paulbot mentions, the bot mode is fantastic. So if you're happy to have him stay in that mode, then he's worth the get.

I think he's spectacular. I've bought a second one so I can have a clean version with out the "battle damage".

Quote Originally Posted by Maruten View Post
    I think he's spectacular. I've bought a second one so I can have a clean version with out the "battle damage".
    Not to drag this off topic, but how are you going to "clean" the battle damage off? Because it really detracts from my enjoyment of the toy, and I lack the painting skills to repaint everywhere over it.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Not to drag this off topic, but how are you going to "clean" the battle damage off? Because it really detracts from my enjoyment of the toy, and I lack the painting skills to repaint everywhere over it.
    Paging Goktimus Prime to the front desk.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Rubbing alcohol and q tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Rubbing alcohol and q tips.
    Really? That sounds wonderful. I'm definitely going to give that a try! Thanks

It really is a 'cool' toy design, and I love that it came with a gladiator sword like the pre-war Megatron I'd read about in comics. But the battle damage paint just ruins it for me.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Here's a chap that's removed the battle damage. They do look good with the clean look

...and a lot of elbow grease - be prepared to scrub a lot!

I used a combination of those "magic" white cleaning cubes that you can buy at supermarkets with rubbing alcohol. Straight up rubbing alcohol will work just fine, but the cleaning cubes helps. Cos I'm lazy.

As mentioned on the Siege Ultra Magnus thread, just be very careful when scrubbing near painted plastic. Both Tha_Phantom and I accidentally faded a bit of our Ultra Magni's painted red tummy panel while scrubbing off the battle damage on the chest. It's not so bad -- Tha_Phantom's fading is on the hinge and mine is on the reverse side of the panel which is only visible during mid transformation. So yeah, do beware of that. If there's no painted parts around then feel free to go to town on that battle damage.