Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TF animated ep12 - Survival of the fittest.

then there's this toy from Transformers Energon...

...they're pretty crap toys though... (-_-)

As for Episode 12... meh... failed to impress me. I don't hate it, but I can't say that I really liked it either.

General comments...
    + Sari's ninja training accumulating to a vague distraction was kinda lame. I much preferred the training that Una underwent with Cheetor in Beast Wars -- teaching the children a practical means for self defence against a Predacon - and it worked (much to poor Waspinator's dismay and dismemberment ).
    + The running gag with Chief Fanzone and machines was pretty funny in this ep - I particularly liked the gag with him trying to switch callers on his mobile and also with the mini-submarine
    + Fanzone & Prowl's team-up was nicely done.
    + Sari uses the key to yet-again get out of a tight spot. Yaawwwnn... (-_-) But at least she's not wantonly playing around with it anymore.
    + Okay - here's the thing that really bothers me with this episode - the Dinobots = primitive tard monkeys.

Whereas the Animated show writers brought more depth into the Soundwave character beyond what Hasbro provided in the tech specs, I can't say the same for the Dinobots... they're just... savages.

Watching Prowl trying to engage and relate to the Dinobots was like watching Steve Irwin dealing with crocodiles. "Crikey! Check out those choppers on Grimlock! Isn't he a beauty!" (-_-)

This is a travesty and an insult to the memory of the G1 Dinobots and just overall really lazy character writing.

benben2142 Guest

Angry

Dinobots are kool, also I posted a thread on grapple's artist on the dinobot combiner, where the hell is it grrrrrr.

I'd have to agree with gok on this one, this episode was generally meh. I was really excited to see the dinobots were going to be in it at the start, but then their role in the episode was pretty boring. Still don't really know anything about their characters except perhaps they don't have any personality.....

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Yep - add me to the "Meh" list too... This ep wasn't bad, but it wasn't good!

It was nice to see Prowl star in an ep for a change - really liking his character after some initial misgivings!

Oh yes - Sari and that key... nuff said!

I thought it was a waste of time trying to teach Sari those ninja moves... how the hell is she going to defend herself against a Decepticon? Still... useless training is better than no training... right? Hmmm... Maybe not!

I did like Fanzone and seeing the Dinobots transform tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy
    I thought it was a waste of time trying to teach Sari those ninja moves... how the hell is she going to defend herself against a Decepticon? Still... useless training is better than no training... right?
    I disagree. Useless training is just a waste of time because you don't really gain anything from doing it.

As I mentioned before, the training that Cheetor gave to Una and Chak was more practical and effective in defence against hostile Transformers. And the so-called "ninja" moves that Prowl was teaching was absolutely stupid. Leaping kicks do not work in actual fights - and as her attempt against Bulkhead showed, she just lacks sufficient mass and strength to do anything remotely useful against a Transformer.

Cheetor taught Chak and Una to directly attack a Transformer's joints, using principles of leverage and other forms of biomechanics to allow a smaller and weaker proponent to fight against a larger and stronger opponent. A lot of grappling and wrestling techniques are based on these forms of biomechanics (e.g.: Chin Na, Jujutsu, Aikido et al.) Check out this video of a Shuaijiao practitioner throwing about a very heavy weight around like a rag doll.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I disagree. Useless training is just a waste of time because you don't really gain anything from doing it.
    Haha - yeah... I was being sarcastic! Hence the "Maybe not" part!

Ummm... LOOK! A purple distraction!

I found this to be a pretty meh episode. Not terrible but hardly as impressive as the previous two. And I agree, let's see the Dinobots talk

Let's see the Dinobots say something worthwhile and possibly... oh I don't know ... intelligent!

Say "NO!" to the retardation of the Dinobots!