Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: DOTM unanswered and answered questions (lots of spoilers)

Default DOTM unanswered and answered questions (lots of spoilers)

Starting this to avoid cluttering the review thread. If you've seen the movie and have questions, here's the place for them. Some will have answers, some will have our best guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    And another thing...

We don't have other actors we could use?!

Yay for Glenn Morshower...

But...

HE DIED IN THE 1ST MOVIE!

Do we not have other actors we could use? FFS.

WHAT?! He was in the 2nd one as a different character?!

Piss Off Michael Bay.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    That's the whole point. Glenn is meant to be in all the TF Bay movies. It's like a running gag.

Canadian Transformers will never happen. I can't see Optimus Prime saying 'eh?'
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Pretty much. He played Col. Sharp in TF1, who died at the SOCCENT attack, whereas he played General Morshower in ROTF and DOTM.

Possible fansplanations:
    + They're twins whose have different surnames for some reason, e.g. divorced parents where the mother got remarried and one son took the new surname, or son reverted to mother's maiden name.
    + They're twins who were separated at birth and raised apart by different adoptive parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    OR

+ Micheal Bay recast Morshower to come back in all TF movies as a running gag
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I was trying to find an in-canon explanation.

While it's not unusual for people to use the same actor/actress to play different characters within the same franchise - often without explanation - but sometimes they try to explain it. [Deleted Doctor Who example ][/i]. (-_-)

The twins separated at birth excuse sounds more plausible to me. (<_<)
    It's actually triplets. The third brother worked for President Palmer and President Logan. If you want an answer that's more logical and in universe, well we never saw Col Sharp die did we. There was just the "no survivors" line if I recall correctly. Well they were wrong. After cutting the hardline to stop Blackout downloading the data, the Col and perhaps some others, made it to a emergency bunker but they were trapped by debris. They weren't found until several days later (after the no survivors line which was only a few hours later). Because he had experienced a close encounter with the robots he was put in charge of being an army liasion with NEST but as NEST was secret his identity was changed so there was no official paperwork with his name on it connecting the alien attack on the airbase and the secret working-with-aliens taskforce.

I'd like to know if that imploding scene was meant to show Cybertron being destroyed by the closing spacebridge. Sure looked that way to me, compared to the phasing out the first time the transfer was interrupted.

In Washington a Decepticon scanned a green dump truck. Later in Chicago we saw a large green transformer with long arms. Was that the same 'con?

Were Wheelie or Brains seen after the ship crashed. They said "we're gonna die" as it was going down but I don't recall seeing them after that.

Bay has stated that he likes to use Glen Morshower because of his professionalism and even if he only has a minor role he gets all the other cast organised really well. A real leader on set apparently.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

MY real question is this.....

DID ANYONE TELL OPTIMUS IRONHIDE WAS DEAD! No. I mean there wasnt an actual scene where someone informed him... i know we can assume they would have sent him a message immediately... but i always think for a laugh at the end of the movie, when he is doing his 'epic speech' someone will pop up and say 'Oh btw Optimus... Ironhide is dead' :0 Prime: "WHAT!?" (roll credits... directed by Michael Bay)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    In Washington a Decepticon scanned a green dump truck. Later in Chicago we saw a large green transformer with long arms. Was that the same 'con?
    No. The green Decepticon in Chicago is a "Long Haul" type Constructicon.

Quote Originally Posted by Krittle View Post
    DID ANYONE TELL OPTIMUS IRONHIDE WAS DEAD! No. I mean there wasnt an actual scene where someone informed him... i know we can assume they would have sent him a message immediately... but i always think for a laugh at the end of the movie, when he is doing his 'epic speech' someone will pop up and say 'Oh btw Optimus... Ironhide is dead' :0 Prime: "WHAT!?" (roll credits... directed by Michael Bay)
    Autobots do have internal communications. And don't forget that Quejack died too! Oh wait, we don't care about him do we?

And besides, we all know how Optimus Prime mourns for his fallen comrades, as seen in the end of TF1 when he "mourned" Jazz.

"Meh."

Whats Bay's fascination with the number '4500X'? It was the code on Blackout in the 1st movie, and appeared on the engine of the private jet in DOTM.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Whats Bay's fascination with the number '4500X'? It was the code on Blackout in the 1st movie, and appeared on the engine of the private jet in DOTM.
    That must be his explosion equation... take a normal explosion and times it by 4500! If he does two explosions, it will be OVER 9000!

It's explained in the audio commentary on the Transformers DVD (2007) that 4500 X is the serial number on his real-life private jet. That was his inspiration for Blackout.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Krittle View Post
    MY real question is this.....

I would of liked if when Prime shot Sentinel he said "This is for Ironhide"
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I don't think so, but those were the exact two bots I want toys of!

Is there a canon explanation as to why none of the Autobots choose to turn into military vehicles? Especially airborne ones..? A Typhoon, Flanker or Berkut might have been rather useful. I was expecting some of the military vehicles in the base to be Autobots, like the heli... Maybe Bay doesn't get enough product placement $$$ from them...

I simply have to assume that flight is extremely difficult for Bayformers.
    Which brings us to where we are today...