View Poll Results: Generations Nightbeat - worth getting?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • All evidence points to HELLS YEAH!

4 50.00%
  • Only if cheap

2 25.00%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

0 0%
  • I deduce that this toy is a pile of junk!

2 25.00%

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Nightbeat

Default Toy Review - Generations Nightbeat

Series - Transformers Generations
    Sub-line – Thrilling 30
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco – Remould of Bumblebee
    Wave - 4
    Released here - No
    Approximate Retail Price - $25
    Approximate Size - 14 cm tall (robot), 13 cm long (alt)
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Sports car
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Comes with Comic
    Main Colours – Blue, Yellow
    Main Accessories - 2x Blasters, can peg together to make larger weapon.

Robot Mode
    Here is where I feel very validated. I remember when they announced this toy waaay back in the day that they were going to use the old Classics Jazz mould and I (on this website ) argued that the Generations Bbee currently being used would be better. Not saying that Hasbro surfs all TF related websites and decided to go on a single comment made by an Ozformers member, thereby changing their plan for Nightbeats design… but… well… here we are - no need to thank me

Anyway, all talking bollocks aside he’s a pretty good looking bot, looking better than both the original and the Timelines versions of himself in my opinion. Nice paint job, good colouring, well proportioned and decent articulation. The head looks really good, just like in the comics. Very well done overall.

Alt-Mode

Whereas the G1 version had two guns on the bonnet and one on the roof, the Generations version of Nightbeat has them on the doors which is…ok. Personally since they were redoing the head anyway, I would have liked to see them redo the guns as well to make them more sedate, like pistols that a detective might use rather than big flashy stinger things. Also it would have been nice if they had put some flashers on the roof – as it is they have basically just repainted Bbee/Gfire. Don’t get me wrong - it’s a nice looking sports car - the yellow on the bottom runner and the flames on the doors are spot on. I just think they could have gone from good to great with a little more effort.

Transformation
    A bit fiddly in places but not particularly hard, and if you have been collecting recent Generations figures chances are you own at least two bots with the same one .

Overall
    A nice little figure and probably the best looking Nightbeat toy we’ve had, certainly beating the rather average looking Timelines one. The head sculpt and the flame apps raise his stock somewhat, but they could have gone just that bit further. The comic is a perfect example of how they just didn’t put the extra effort in – they chose a comic where Nightbeat has one line and all you can see is his head in the background of a single panel (so many better ones they could have chosen!) and the cover has the artwork of the original Generations version of him they were going to do – lazy! Still, on the whole Nightbeat is worth picking up if you come across him or find him for a good price online.

This could have been a brilliant release - the mould is a great one, albeit starting to get a bit overused now - but I don't see why the guns could've been different, to suit the character a bit more, like Trev has pointed out. I never quite "got" those guns anyway. And the comic is next to useless - as a very casual reader of the series it comes from, I was hoping for more of a showcase of the character. But alas... And, to top it off, the cover shows Nightbeat in an entirely different mould, as Trev has also mentioned. That's just lazy.

My yellow paint apps are a bit lackluster as well, and inconsistent, although yellow paint on a vibrant blue like Nightbeat's can't be very easy to pull off.

This is a good release that could have been a really good one, with just a bit more effort.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!