Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked and Promo 2015 Collector Club toy images

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    With the exception of Nova Prime, the remaining toys are on its way (courtesy of Chimungmung). *fist pump*
    Very nice Megatran. I was considering getting those as well, but then felt it was too much of a mark up from their Taobao source. The better Chinese shipping forwarders still only charge $8 package fee + 10% of the item's value.

I did, however, cave and bought this eBay HK listing for Krok. Hoping the quality is good enough. Cancelled my BBTS listing straight away - can't wait for another 2-3 months for this guy

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

While on the topic of Collector Club toys - at the GIJoe convention happening this weekend, the "trading cards/autograph cards" being sold at the event have a couple more possible crossover toys to go with Marissa.

One card has Marissa/Afterburner, while another card has "Old Snake" (from the Original Series cartoon), and a third card has a Battle Android Trooper (BAT) done from the TFPrime Soundwave mould.
    Since Pete had noted in a previous Podcast that more figures like Marissa were already happening regardless of how well Marissa does, I think we are likely to see the Old Snake as a toy for the Transformers Club... but as for the BAT, that one might end up being a GIJoe Club toy.

With Serpentor and Marissa toys already from FunPub for the Transformers Club, and the theory that two of the BotCon toys this year have GIJoe homages... perhaps FunPub are already in the process of merging the two clubs to help prop up the shrinking GIJoe club & convention.
    The annoying thing for members of either club is having toys released in the other club that are note easy to obtain without being a member.

so the repainted TF figure as a GI Joe Character is only available through the GI Joe club, and the repainted GI Joe vehicle as a TF character is only available through the TF Club.
    Putting it that way it does make sense, but knowing how some TF completists are, that could be a bit frustrating for them.

Marissa and Old Snake look great though! I hope they do more TF human characters out of GI Joe figures. I'd like to see Raoul and Carly.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

God damn it.... I knew they were going to release something TF in the Joe club! (Well feared....)

And too make it worse, looks like it has 2 Soundwaves.... 2 deluxes at club prices.... PRICEY!!!!

So.... We have any Joe club members here?

Photos of B.A.T.s and Joe figure. Quite like the look of the Sondwave redeco - very dark and bright at the same time. Don't have that mould yet, however also have no connection to the character(s) so this will be a pass for me.

Pics from the GIJoe Con of the BAT & Old Snake toys, that will be available through the GIJoe club.

It's a tricky thing to draw the line somewhere... after all, we've had several crossovers between the two brands in comics and cartoon, so it is only a matter of time before we get crossover toys. (we've had the three SDCC toys, but they were just as difficult to obtain as toys sold through the GIJoe club)
    But where do they go?
    Should the moulds stay in the Brand that they were originally used for, or should the moulds swap over when it fits a character that was only in the other Brand.

We have this Soundwave mould being labelled as a B.A.T. for the GIJoe club, but how is that any different to the Serpentor toy that the TFs Club is releasing this year? Why is one in one club, and one in the other? That would be like dressing up Cobra Commander in Megatron colours and selling it to the Transformers Club. Would we buy that, or criticise it for being lazy. (even though Hasbro did it for three years as SDCC exclusives - colouring GIJoe toys and figures in Transformers colours)

The Marissa toy coming this year sorta feels like a GIJoe toy because of the name and the mould, but if I recall, the character was never in anything GIJoe. She's as much of a Transformers character as a Spike or Daniel toy.
    So I'm okay with that one. But what about Old Snake? It is based on a GIJoe character, but this version and name was only in Transformers (as far as I'm aware). It's not really within GIJoe canon because the Transformers and GIJoe cartoon never crossed over, only the Comic universe did. So Old Snake is as alien to GIJoe, as it would be selling a My Little Pony toy in Transformers packaging just because one was featured in the 2007 Movie.
    So for Old Snake, I think it should be a Transformers Club toy, or at the very least, available to both (which it could end up being... especially if it comes with a "Soundwave" toy). My feeling is that this sort of "shared" exclusive might become more common, so that FunPub can manufacture more units to sell to both clubs.

I guess if Hasbro is getting in on the act (with their Generations Viper toy, being a blue Powerglide with Cobra logos on it), and those SDCC toys, why can't FunPub do it too..... arrrg, so much blending of the grey area... it's too much to process.

Seibertron has a new article up about it, saying that the set will be available in both clubs...

HERE

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

It's a tricky thing to draw the line somewhere... after all, we've had several crossovers between the two brands in comics and cartoon
    The easiest way would be making them available to both clubs, which it seems they are. After all its the same guys doing them both and since (I suspect) a fair bit of Transformers club money goes into propping up the GI Joe club, they'd have to be major dicks not to.

Despite the fact they are ALREADY major dicks :P

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Seibertron has a new article up about it, saying that the set will be available in both clubs...

HERE
    So that means three store exclusives this year, in addition to the 6 Subscription toys, membership toy and 15+ BotCon toys... they keep growing each year with their number of toys.

It isn't surprising to hear that they are being sold in both clubs, as I had guessed that it would allow them to produce and sell more units if their exclusives appeal to both clubs... especially as their numbers seem to be shrinking at both clubs.
    Hopefully these are available at BotCon, so that I don't have to over-pay on their quoted postage rates.

I find it interesting to see Pete interacting a fair bit at Seibertron now, and a lot less at TFW2005... maybe after the grilling he got with his failed Q&A topic.

Another exclusive gallery of Club toys at Seibertron... this time Marissa Faireborn and Afterbreaker.
    Yes, it looks like the name has changed, and probably due to legal or maybe Hasbro didn't want the name used by FunPub for a toy that may or may not be a Transformers character.
    The recent issue of the magazine mentions the new name on the intro page, but I totally missed it.

Marissa is a "store" exclusive of the Club, along with Nova Prime... and the latest issue of the Magazine now suggests that they won't be on sale until the second half of the year. (hopefully they have some at BotCon, to save some of us postage)