Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Cheetor confirmed

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I hope so too - The MPs could end up being the definitive Beast Wars collection. Hopefully they will at least do all the show Season 1 characters.
    I am thinking they are playing their cards NOT to so that we will carry on collecting. Basically, there will be a number of us who will end buying any new Mps once Mirage, Hound, Jazz, Megatron is out. I am already side stepping inferno to be bought and sell off as I have no close attachment to the character.

Season one cast would be great, we now know we will be getting at least three Maximals (Primal, Cheetor and Tigatron) plus most likely a Predacon in Ravage!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Happy Anniversary, everyone!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I am a truck not monkey girl but if they make an MP Dinobot I will HAVE to get it.

I never liked Cheetor so he's an easy pass for me but I'm glad to see Beast Wars getting a bit more love for its anniversary. It makes sense to roll out the core cast characters.

As much as I love BW, BWMPs have yet to entice me. I think the Cheetor character is one of the best in the entire Beast Saga as far as character development goes. Throughout the entire series of BW and BM we see him evolve from young child to older child to teenager and finally into adulthood. I think that his journey is a really fascinating one and one of the most memorable in Transformers history. It's because of characters like Cheetor that Beast Wars was such a fantastic story, and is still - IMHO - the best Transformers story ever written for screen. If only the live action movies could achieve just half of what BW did in terms of story telling quality.

Bring them on. Heck I'd buy em all.

Really hoping at least they'd give us the S1 cast. And judging by the character selection so far, this might really happen...No disrespect to Cheetor lovers but if Takara only planned on doing 3 or 4 BW MPs, there's so many more logical choices before him.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    . Will be collecting these more for my son and irrational completionism than for a personal fondness for the character.
    This looks to be the direction I'm headed. I finally bit the bullet on a pre-order for the MP Primal. I didn't really get much of a buzz out of any of the generations beastwars toys, but I liked how they looked with the MP Primal enough to click go. I think I need help.

I think it's great that there is some MP love outside G1, I hope we keep getting G1 MP's for years to come, there are so many left to do. I like the idea of seeing an MP BW Megs at some point down the road. just to match up with Primal.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I am already side stepping inferno to be bought and sell off as I have no close attachment to the character.
    I don't understand, if you know you don't want it. why buy it at all. you're just wasting your time and tying up your money.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I am a truck not monkey girl but if they make an MP Dinobot I will HAVE to get it.

I never liked Cheetor so he's an easy pass for me but I'm glad to see Beast Wars getting a bit more love for its anniversary. It makes sense to roll out the core cast characters.
    MP BW Dinobot in scale with with Primal will be so good - I don't even necessarily require an MP-scaled one... just a Voyager will do...

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I didn't really get much of a buzz out of any of the generations beastwars toys
    Same here, and this is why I'm not motivated to get the BW MPs either. I love BW to bits, but I just feel that - relative to size and cost - the Generations figures were great improvements over the originals. MP Beast Convoy looks great, and I'm sure that MP Cheetor will be wonderful too, but I just don't get the same buzz from seeing these images because quite frankly, the original BW toys are already so awesome that modern day updated versions don't really add all that much over the originals.

Yes, MP Beast Convoy has all kinds of goodness which the original doesn't, but to make the comparison fair we also need to bear in mind that the MP Beast Convoy is going to retail for 12960JPY (approx. AU$165), whereas the original sold for 2980JPY (approx. AU$40), or AU$70 which is a more recent price point for Ultra Class figures (e.g. Universe Onslaught, Powerglide etc.). So while the BWMPs certainly improve over the originals in many ways, the price is nearly 2.5 times more than what the original would sell for today. Actually, the price of Deluxes hasn't changed much; the original Cheetor sold for 1490JPY (approx. $20), which isn't much cheaper than the average price of a Deluxe Class figure today.

And IMO this is all one massive compliment to the original Beast Wars toys, as it shows just how bloody well these toys were made and how they've really stood the test of time quite well. G1 toys on the other hand have not fared as well. Classicsverse and MP Ironhide gave us updated versions of the G1 Ironhide toy that it so desperately needed. Modern versions of G1 Ironhide just completely blow the original G1 figure right out of the water, whereas original BW toys still stand strong next to their more modern counterparts. All the more reason why I just love Beast Wars! This isn't a criticism towards BW MPs or people who want to collect them. I think it's fantastic news and I'm glad to see more BW lurv coming from TakaraTOMY. But it's not my thing as I'm more than content with my originals.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I don't understand, if you know you don't want it. why buy it at all. you're just wasting your time and tying up your money.
    Logic'd!

MP Rhinox would look awesome.
    Spiderken Away!